How can you stop a seller harassing you?

Woman Sad I bought an item  that was definitely not as described. Got no-where with seller. So left negative feedback. Since then, this seller - from O/Seas - has not only been hounding me with emails, but has now started ringing me on my private number at home, very late at night! I have complained to Ebay, and blocked calls from seller. But they are STILL sending me emails, first both through Ebay and direct to my email address (which I blocked), strongly telling me to reverse my feedback. And this was 4 months ago!! Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

just keep ignoring them they will get sick of it eventually. Do not cave into changing feedback. Oh I had this happen they keep pestering me to change feedback so I did a follow up to the previous Neg I left, writing "seller continues to harass me to change feedback" or similar. After I wrote that everything stopped.

you can do that from here if you wish to

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReviewFeedbackLeft

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Are you replying to the messages? If you are, stop replying and just delete them. If they get no response, they may start to get sick of it. When you contacted eBay, did you do it via an email, or did you call them? Always call them and if you get no luck with the person on the other end, ask to speak to a supervisor.

As for blocking their emails, they may be going through a different server to what their email address is, so just blocking the email address won't always work. Go to one of their messages in your private inbox, right click and select properties. When the box pops up, click the button at the bottom (something like show message source). Read through each part of the pop up message looking for any other domain names that may appear. Of course, yours doesn't count!

There may be 2 or 3 there. Copy them down, then shut those boxes down. I use Windows Live Mail, so shall give instructions for that. Not sure if you can do the same thing in free email sites like Hotmail and Gmail. Next I go to tool, then safety options, then click on the blocked senders tab. Click Add, then add the domain names you copied down. If it's a common one like Hotmail, add the whole address, otherwise you'll block everyone that uses that domain name.

Definitely get onto eBay though and don't give up until you get satisfaction. Could be worth adding them to your blocked buyer list, even though they are a seller. If you have buyer requirement blocks in place, they won't be able to contact you if you ticked the box saying that blocked buyers can't contact you.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

I think the other two have summed it all up.

But I would send that seller one last message. If I were you, I would be saying that in your opinion, they deserved the neg rating & the more they hassle you, the less likely it is you would ever change that rating or buy from them again.

I thought tippy toes had a great idea with:

Could be worth adding them to your blocked buyer list, even though they are a seller. If you have buyer requirement blocks in place, they won't be able to contact you if you ticked the box saying that blocked buyers can't contact you.

That should take care of them getting to you via ebay messages and you have already blocked your email and home phone.

Then go into feedback and do as Harley says, but I would add a bit more.

He suggested seller continues to harass me to change feedback

but if you can fit it in the 80 characters, I would say something along the lines of

4 months later & seller still harrassing via phone & email to change feedback

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

What they are asking is not possible anyway, they have to request a change of feedback and obviously they have used up the limited amount of chances they get to send a request.

Just ignore them, don't reply or even open them and each email you receive from them mark as spam. You can also try sending a complaint to their email provider, send it to abuse @ theirprovider . ???

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Is there any way to report this behaviour to eBay? I’ve called and they said they can monitor the sellers account. But she has phoned me using profanities and refusing to give me a refund for a faulty item. I hope eBay will step in and get me my refund. Apparently I’m save under buyer protection? Is the only way to leave negative feedback on this sellers page? Can’t something else be done to warn other buyers?
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

It's always best to start your own thread rather than drag up a 2 year old one, but the link below will help you out, under the part  ; - 

"How and when to report an issue with a seller" is the "contact us" link. 

Use that to phone them.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/reporting-item-issue-seller?id=4022                           

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Padi, that link doesn't work anymore since they changed the policy pages.

Try this one

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/reporting-item-issue-seller?id=4022&st=... an item or issue with a seller

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Thanks Stalks, I had 2 links open and must have copied the wrong one.............

"Diligently slaps head" for not checking after I posted...............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Would the name of this seller be <Removed> by any chance,the same things happening to me,

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply