AFTERPAY10 voucher code not being accepted

I have been sent an AFTERPAY10 discount code through my account but when I try and apply it it says I have already applied this discount code to an order.  I haven't ordered anything through eBay in months so how can this be?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: AFTERPAY10 voucher code not being accepted

I have never applied or tried this code, but I have seen it around for a really long time, so even if you haven't bought in months, if you applied it a couple of years ago for example, you can't apply it again.

It is strange they sent you a code, but maybe they send this code to everyone, not only to those who haven't applied it yet.

If in doubt, you can contact eBay through live chat (from the help page).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

All good, I got on to Live Chat and the lovely gentleman checked into it and reapplied the voucher code for me, said it hadn't applied due to a technical issue.  As it turns out I could have used the replacement code with any payment method, not just Afterpay but I didn't relaise till after I paid.  No matter, I got my discount 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I have never applied or tried this code, but I have seen it around for a really long time, so even if you haven't bought in months, if you applied it a couple of years ago for example, you can't apply it again.

It is strange they sent you a code, but maybe they send this code to everyone, not only to those who haven't applied it yet.

If in doubt, you can contact eBay through live chat (from the help page).

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

It came up when I searched for an item I wanted to buy.  I checked my communications and it was listed along with the eBay Plus $5 discount.  I have only bought using Afterpay once before so maybe it was active back then but I don't remember doing it!  I will try doing a live chat if eBay will let me, they seem to be making it harder and harder to contact them.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Live chat works during normal business hours (including the weekend). You have to scroll back from the help page, go to "contact us", go through all the options, then the live chat window will appear.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

All good, I got on to Live Chat and the lovely gentleman checked into it and reapplied the voucher code for me, said it hadn't applied due to a technical issue.  As it turns out I could have used the replacement code with any payment method, not just Afterpay but I didn't relaise till after I paid.  No matter, I got my discount 🙂

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply