Afterpay has suddenly vanished from checkout?

I've had issue after issue lately such as purchased items vanishing, one of which I have to follow up yet again after not receiving a refund for a fake item that was returned, and now Afterpay has vanished as a payment option for my current purchases.

I have a couple of items I've been trying to pay for (separately due to Afterpay) and yet it is no longer an option at checkout. Each item had Afterpay available and I know that one definitely does as I purchased a couple of other items from that same seller a few days ago and paid via Afterpay without an issue. 

The second seller definitely had Afterpay showing up as an option yesterday as it was there when I sent an invoice request. Now it's vanished there as well. 

I checked every possible issue there and confirmed everything was correct and that there were no issues with Afterpay. I just went on to a listing that offers Afterpay and requires immediate payment simply so I could go through to checkout to see if it would display and yep, Afterpay shows up as per usual....but so does a note stating that checkout has changed (again!). 

I'm assuming this is yet another glitch based on the note about them updating the checkout so does anyone else have this problem and how on earth do I get around it?! 

I'm also hoping this doesn't show up twice as I posted this earlier and it vanished as soon as I posted it...what on earth is going on?!!

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Afterpay has suddenly vanished from checkout?

@imastawka wrote:

For your next foray to the boards, try changing your settings.

Click on your ID name.  It should bring up a drop down menu.

My Settings > Prefernces  > Display

Scroll down to text size and change it.

I have mine set on X-Large

Don't forget to save changes  at the bottom of that page           

Great Stawks, I'd never noticed that before - that'll help my geriatric eyes..........original.gif

I bow to your seemingly inexhaustible fount of knowledge.................bow-down-before-you.gif 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

Best Mic Drop 0 GIFs | Gfycat

Thank you, thank you.

I'm here all week......try the chicken...........

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Hoping it's just Friday gremlins.

For your next foray to the boards, try changing your settings.

Click on your ID name.  It should bring up a drop down menu.

My Settings > Prefernces  > Display

Scroll down to text size and change it.

I have mine set on X-Large

Don't forget to save changes  at the bottom of that page           shortsighted smiley.gif

Oh brilliant, thanks for that! You'd think after 18 years on here (other ID) then I would have figured that out by now but nope, not a clue.

Fingers crossed it's the damn gremlins combined with them being distracted by the election as I swear they're messing around with checkout now as god knows what they've done to Paypal, it's all over the show.
Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

I'm here all week......try the chicken...........

Errr, it's not this one is it Stawks ?????

YXJIMTh0T2FmczQx_o_funny-pranks-grill-fire-prank.jpg

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

Is any one else experiencing this at the moment ?
Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

No.

I don't do credit, though. If I don't have the money, I don't buy.

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Came here to ask why Afterpay has vanished.  Happening to me too. Maybe has been discontinued.

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had a thought : Afterpay does not allow NEW purchases with a card that expires in less than 2 months. If you then update your card details, perhaps the option may be restored at checkout. That's the only thing I can thing of.

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

Not sure in your case, but the OP may have been trying to check out with multiple items from different sellers - Afterpay is not an option when paying that way, it can only be one seller at a time. 

From ebay:

Occasionally you may see Afterpay shown on an item, but then it's not available as an option at checkout. This may happen because:

• Your order total is less than AU $1 or over AU $2,000
  • You've selected a delivery address outside Australia
  • Your order includes items from excluded categories
  • You're ordering items from different sellers
  • Items in your order have different delivery methods (for example, one with pickup and one with express postage)
  • You're using an older version of the eBay app.
Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for sharing this info digital*ghost!

Just as an aside:

(I just updated my card details with Afterpay and my personal Paypal account, as my new card came this morining in the post - and all of a sudden Afterpay now works on Ebay).

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply