All items remain unpaid yet funds have been taken from Paypal?

Hi all, I have a really odd issue here and have no idea what is going on! I've previously paid similar amounts to multiple sellers in one transaction (and have bought from the current sellers before) but have never had an issue.

I just paid approx $170 AU (it was around $117 US) to four sellers in one go via Paypal. All are sellers I often buy from and as they tend to have items finish at around the same time then I've often paid all of them together, so there are no issues there on the end of any of the sellers. Once I completed checkout then it stated it was processing my payment which was odd so I refreshed it and now have the following error message for ALL of the transactions - "This order was not successful. Order cost has not been included in the total amount.  The seller hasn't received payment for this order yet".

I'm now rather worried as I've double checked Paypal and every single payment went through along with the 10% GST (all are international) and the full amount was paid using funds I already had in Paypal, so NOT from my card or any other method. If I click on each one it shows that it was indeed paid and the funds have certainly gone.

Can anyone shed any light as to what on earth is going on? Considering the amount then heck yes, I'm quietly freaking out!

TIA.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: All items remain unpaid yet funds have been taken from Paypal?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If each transaction is showing as paid and you have a receipt then take no notice of anything else.

It was probably just another glitch.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

If each transaction is showing as paid and you have a receipt then take no notice of anything else.

It was probably just another glitch.

They show as paid in Paypal (as in the funds have successfully been transferred) but under 'My Purchases' all of them remain unpaid? It actually goes through to checkout again with my Paypal funds showing as usual but it shows the adjusted amount, so minus the $170 that I've paid.

God, I hope you're right, I'm just waiting to hear back from any of the sellers to see if it's gone through on their end so fingers crossed.

I used to sell on ebay regularly yonks ago and can't believe I ever complained about the Friday maintenance gremlins, I have so many glitches now that I honestly have no idea when they do it anymore!

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Have you tried contacting any of the sellers to see if they have received the payment?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I had that issue about a month ago. One of the sellers marked an item as sent before the system caught up so I knew my money had gone through. Hopefully it's just a time lag for you too.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@skinthings wrote:

Once I completed checkout then it stated it was processing my payment which was odd so I refreshed it.

Means it's finalizing the process and you interupted the final step involved by refreshing it (I've had it come

up when paying different sellers but waited for it to finish).

If payment hasn't gone through then you will need to contact Paypal.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

When more than one seller is involved in a multiple payment it always comes up as "processing".

You have to wait a few seconds for it to finish.   By refreshing you have stopped the processing although if it has now given you paypal receipts you should be OK.

Try checking with your sellers.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply