Am I being a bit picky?

Received today a handbag in an express satchel.  The bag had no wrapping, or plastic for protection just put into the satchel.  Also the description was new with tags, all I found was a small piece of white thread inside the bag.   The condition of the bag doesn't look new, it has a couple of little dents to the clasp but don't know if this happened in transit.  I bought this bag for a wedding this weekend and I intend to still use it but a little disappointed.  Not sure how to mention this to seller.  Advice appreciated.
tip toe through the tulips
Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Am I being a bit picky?

Hi sparklz,

totally agree on one point with you - there is a lot that can be said about the seller from their replies to the f/back.

Was there anything wrong with the reply to the neutral f/back?

Not that we really need your opinion and advice, But if and when wo do in the future we'll ask)  very hard for you  to give in this case as you were not here to follow the details of the case.

Bag received on the 7th.

Complained about on the 21st

Posted back on the 30th

Received back damaged to the  point of not being able to relist.

Client not very happy at all (the person who was selling the bag).

Statement on the buyer's follow up false.

With regards, Helen.

Message 21 of 44
Latest reply

Helen have a look at messages sent in the house of posters and tell me if what was said was acceptable.

Unless of course it was deleted.

Message 22 of 44
Latest reply

sorry, don't know what that means, but I can print the messages right here if that is allowed.

You know much more about the boards than I do.

Cheers, Helen.

Message 23 of 44
Latest reply

You are not being picky at all. Simply open an Item Recieved is Not as Described dispute and the onus is on the seller to resolve the issue. If they are decent they will attempt to make amends if they are not decent they are on a losing wicket. Remember that Ebay policies favour the buyer (as they should) and pursue a reasonable outcome. It is a shame that you wanted the bag for such an important event. Don't let this distract you too much and enjoy the wedding.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" Mahatma Gandhi
Message 24 of 44
Latest reply

Would be interesting to see if the copy I sent you is the same as what you would send.

Click on that little envelope next to your FB score to see what was sent via ebay messages.

Message 25 of 44
Latest reply

sparkz, I can't see the little envelope!

Talking about stupid, or blind, maybe (that's me) - where exactly is it?

Where should I look - and besides, what message is it, as we have never sent you any,( just thought of that,) how can you have any messages from us?

Anyway, that f/back is in the process of being removed due to the right dates in the PO tracking, even the time of delivery, We didn't report that, someone at Ebay noticed the discrepancy) Ebay just rang few min. ago get some other details so now they have evrything they need - but we'll be sorry to loose it!

It would have been a great little souvenir.

Cheers, Helen.

Message 26 of 44
Latest reply

Again, wrong - tracking number is visible to all for the first 30 days, after that PO needs to issue a statement/letter from their records.

And of course it was visible at the time we looked, posted with Click and Send.

And your suggestion that we should all talk to each other is much appreciated - in our case not useful or practical as we all sign our names and are accountable for our correspondence - and almost never all here at the same time. We have other things/jobs to do - this is helping a mate and filling in in turn so all days of the week are covered.

Now, your remark "it's not that hard" is very witty, again, not applicable  here as I have never heard of My Content, don't know where or what it is, still can't see a little envelope either.

Can you not just send me a normal message through Ebay so that I can respond?

Cheers, Helen

Message 27 of 44
Latest reply

All this is seen to the left of this page you now on.

<<<<<<

Click on Messages

Community

Home

Answer Centre

Discussion Boards

Groups

Videos

Profiles

eBay News

Trust & Safety

Feedback Forum  

My Content Profile

Groups

Videos

Tags

Friends

Preferences

Subscriptions

My eBay

Message 28 of 44
Latest reply

Yea great idea to contact via ebay messages when all one gets as a reply is out of office.

How strange when you are currently using that ID.

Message 29 of 44
Latest reply

You said to me

. how we don't care what condition goods go out in - as we said no such thing.

Yet here it is in your terms not to bother with imperfections found

Please don't bother with tiniest, insignificant "faults" like a thread hanging out, a stitch gone, section of the hem loose - that sort of thing - use your common sense. After all you are buying an item at a very cheap price in relation to it's original cost. If you insist on total perfection it would be much safer to buy brand new at the stores - different price, of course.

Message 30 of 44
Latest reply