Australia Post not attempting to deliver the smaller parcels

Today I received a card for a registered small parcel. I was home and had heard the postie's bike.

Seeing the card, I waited by the letterbox for him to drive back past on his normal route, and asked him for my parcel.

He said he didn't have it, it was at the post office.

Explains why he didn't stop and try to get a signature.

This happened to anyone else? Or more cards when people are at home?

It would be hard to know unless one catches the postie...but that's not a good thing, is it...not what one expects, or the sender pays for.

If this is what AP is now doing, it will be a pest for a lot of people, and if they miss the cards, could lead to unwarranted hassle for sellers too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Hi Lyndal, I ws saying what I do.

So no nothing wrong at all. Think you misunderstood.

But you read very much as if you thought better than normal treatment would ensure a smooth delivery, as you said you thought it probably helped. It might or might not, it's a nice thing to do.

My point is that it shouldn't matter if the postie gets a present etc.

Like in the U.S. There you do have to carefully weigh tipping, Christmas presents, and favours for people who deliver, provide security and the like.

Posties are human 🙂 courtesy is nice. Doing a job is doing a job.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 21 of 38
Latest reply

I hate the **bleep** things.. My signature can be illegible at the best of times, let alone when I'm trying to use a stylus on an almost non-responsive touchscreen. I wish they'd bring back the clip boards and paper, at least that way you could tell it was my signature

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 22 of 38
Latest reply

I just put a squiggle with my non-writing hand 🙂

'cause I'm holding my parcel with the correct one. The posties don't care, they know it's hard getting a properly legible signature.

Message 23 of 38
Latest reply

I had to take one hour off work to go and pick up my registered, no attempt at delivery, parcel, which weighed less than a normal letter and was the same size.

Thank you, Australia Post. Who should I bill for my time?

Message 24 of 38
Latest reply

We must be lucky where I am, never a problem here with postie or courier or P.O staff at the 3 close post offices. Mail sent arrives quickly, posty comes to the door and courier is brilliant. Think I will write Aus Post a letter about how great they all are after reading a lot of the posts. 

Hope i don't sound smug. 

Message 25 of 38
Latest reply

You can be smug 🙂

my actual delivery guys are lovely 🙂

it's the service decisions at the local post office that s*u*k.

Message 26 of 38
Latest reply

lyndal1838 wrote:   I would be furious if I had to go anywhere to collect my mail on a regular basis

Never ever move into a large apartment block then! This has been my lot since moving 18 months ago. Delivery is never ever attempted despite the fact that there is someone home. I'm past being furious with Australia Post.

Message 27 of 38
Latest reply

There are soooooo many parcels now thats why your postie won't carry them there is just too many these days as everyone shops online on ebay etc in the past it was not a problem but in recent years there are just too many parcels.. I work casual as a postie sometimes and the amount there is is getting ridiculous.

Message 28 of 38
Latest reply

Hey Mark you have just replied to a 3.5 year old thread lol,surely things have changed in those years?

Also you posties need to then add more parcel holders perhaps off your handlebars and perhaps you should also have a backpack around your shoulders and also a side car hahahha what do you think?

Message 29 of 38
Latest reply

Yeah, but have you seen the new e-bikes that Apost has been trialling?

They hold heaps of parcels and stuff

Related image
Message 30 of 38
Latest reply