Australia Post not attempting to deliver the smaller parcels

Today I received a card for a registered small parcel. I was home and had heard the postie's bike.

Seeing the card, I waited by the letterbox for him to drive back past on his normal route, and asked him for my parcel.

He said he didn't have it, it was at the post office.

Explains why he didn't stop and try to get a signature.

This happened to anyone else? Or more cards when people are at home?

It would be hard to know unless one catches the postie...but that's not a good thing, is it...not what one expects, or the sender pays for.

If this is what AP is now doing, it will be a pest for a lot of people, and if they miss the cards, could lead to unwarranted hassle for sellers too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

That's exactly what I was talking about haha so no more whinging you posties get on with it lol.

Roll bars and all so no more damaged goods,and weather proofed.

Message 31 of 38
Latest reply

The though of something this size hooning down the footpath at 30km ph is terrifying.

Message 32 of 38
Latest reply

I can just all the parcels being thrown over the fence....posties refuse to get off their bikes to deliver anything these days and they would not be able to reach the letterbox while sitting on that contraption.

Great idea though but will not work in practice.

Message 33 of 38
Latest reply

My postie trialled one of these.  He still came to the door. 

I must have a nice postie   toothless.gif

He was not hooning along the footpath, he was driving quite sedately, really.

I haven't seen him since he finished trialling it,  to see how he liked it.

Message 34 of 38
Latest reply

I have a wonderful contractor....he even brings my garbage bin in for me if it has been emptied before he comes.Smiley Wink

My postie is new (unfortunately)....so far he is proving to be adequate but not outstanding like the previous one.  He does his job so no complaints from me but does not go out of his way to bring magazines to the door as the other postie did.

Message 35 of 38
Latest reply

I am at the end of my tether, these electronic devices dictate whether a card is left, irrespective of if you're home or not. 2 years ago a my post a/c was set up by the manager of the local post shop, with a delivery preference to leave parcels on my front porch. However the postie stands on the front porch writing out a card. Malcolm

Message 36 of 38
Latest reply

Can a mod please lock this 8yr old thread.

Thank you. ☺️

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 37 of 38
Latest reply

I'm channelling

stanley.jpg

Please?

Message 38 of 38
Latest reply