BEWARE Global shipping program

Buyers beware before you purchase from US sellers check that they do not use the Global shipping program. You will have to pay 2 shipping costs. One for the seller to ship the item to the shipping company in the US. And a second exorbitant cost (min of aboutUS$25) to then ship to you. A simple $5 purchase becomes $50 before you know it. To make it worse most of the yanks don't even know they have signed up for it. This has to be one of ebays biggest rip offs yet!
Message 1 of 311
Latest reply
310 REPLIES 310

Re: BEWARE Global shipping program

These charges are for a pair of shoes that I would never buy in a lifetime and never authorised payment for either shoes or Globalship Ebay
Message 251 of 311
Latest reply

I require full refund into my account of the amount taken out by Global Shipping EBay for a pair of shoes that somebody else bought.
Paul Martino
Message 252 of 311
Latest reply

You will need to talk to eBay or Paypal then. And provide them with supporting evidence.

This board is not read or responded to by eBay. The members here are just that - eBay members, similar to yourself.

And this thread is about the Global Shipping Program, not alleged hacking of your account.

Message 253 of 311
Latest reply

Yep its a complete screwup.  The seller in the USA feels comfortable that he's done his part in sending it to EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING and they received it, so he thinks he is all good.

Problem is the item has never turned up in Australia

The tracking on te EBAY item stopped at the first step - in Transit

Never received any subsequent tracking ID nor email

So now I have a Paypal dispute with the seller even though the EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING is at fault.

2 frustrated Ebay users and EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING pocket the $$$ for doing nothing.

I also have no way to contact EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING and no tracking ID to quote them to follow it up.

Bloody mess.

@daffyduk wrote:
Buyers beware before you purchase from US sellers check that they do not use the Global shipping program. You will have to pay 2 shipping costs. One for the seller to ship the item to the shipping company in the US. And a second exorbitant cost (min of aboutUS$25) to then ship to you. A simple $5 purchase becomes $50 before you know it. To make it worse most of the yanks don't even know they have signed up for it. This has to be one of ebays biggest rip offs yet!

Message 254 of 311
Latest reply

they may dicide not to ship your item and simply keep it ... they do not even return to sender , simply theft 

@daffyduk wrote:

@daffyduk wrote:

Message 255 of 311
Latest reply

they actually might decide not to ship your item , and they simply keep it ... they do not bother to return to seller , would you belief ?

Message 256 of 311
Latest reply

If it's the seller you've left the feedback for, the purchase was only made a couple of weeks ago, hardly enough time to get from the eastern states to WA let alone to get from the USA to OZ.

What steps have you taken to find out where the item is ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 257 of 311
Latest reply

GSP is a disgusting service. eBay has been a nightware ever since it was introduced... Let's charge aussies double for everything ! **bleep** off ebay. 

Message 258 of 311
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

If it's the seller you've left the feedback for, the purchase was only made a couple of weeks ago, hardly enough time to get from the eastern states to WA let alone to get from the USA to OZ.

What steps have you taken to find out where the item is ?

Padi, the original listing doesn't show GSP, so I dunno what that feedback is all about.

Message 259 of 311
Latest reply

Double dipping, charge you twice. Pay to post to yourself and the if the seller sends through global shipping and you get charged again. But a lot extra. They charge your account without your knowledge of this program. What a discrace. Never again, check with seller before you bid.
Message 260 of 311
Latest reply