Being judged, repeat, repeat

buyingandsellingmandy
Community Member

Hi

I was a newcomer to this site and I came for help. Some of you were very respectful, helpful, investigated a few things for me.

But, there were alot of people that were critical of me in so many different ways.

I had come to this site for help, that's all I wanted, help to prove I had paid for an item.

Some of you were down right mean.

More than not, alot of people were very critical over and over again. If I made a mistake, then I got criticised for that. I want all of you to read all my responses to my very first question on this sight.

If a person comes to this site for help, be respectful from the very beginning. They need yr help, not anything else.

One person i nearly reported.

I was constantly being bombarded about anything I had to say, in the end, that wasn't the help I needed. I don't know how old some of these people were, but to me, it's not funny when u need help to be criticised all the time.

If I had not won my case, I would of left ebay for another site. To the person who was so rude from day one, you need a lesson in how to talk to females. Coz yr really bad at it.

For a person to have this sort of experience, very first time, your getting a bad reputation.

I showed alot of people your responses, friends of mine, people in the street, random people I didn't know, just wanted to see what other people I didn't know thought.

Only the people that were helpful got a mention. Others that were critical, well, your site is getting a bad reputation, because of you're responses.

You can say, now I'm being critical, yes I am, coz if I don't tell you, someone else will eventually.

I think age might have something to do with it. Some of you sound like teenagers.

A little respect goes a long way in this life.

Most people I spoke to said, I'm never going on there to get help. I said, are you sure u wouldn't if u were desperate like I was for people's help? Response, not in a million years was a common answer.

All I asked of each person was, can u read this, tell me what u think, nothing more.

How many people did I ask? All the people that live in my court, parents, teenagers alike, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19. Then I went to my town shops, I know most shop owners, local people. Same reaction.

If this makes u all angry, well, it hasn't sunk in yet, the reality of it all.

To those that helped me, a big thank you, it was very rare, but, I did notice you.

Message 1 of 73
Latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Re: Being judged, repeat, repeat

Well - I'm doing the ' survey ' - it was a darn good read.

images - 2021-10-28T161848.435.jpeg

Message 71 of 73
Latest reply

@buyingandsellingmandy wrote:

When an outsider comes in, make them feel welcome. Not the opposite. It was the opposite.

The next person that comes along, doesn't matter who they are, every single person, make them feel welcome into the community, straight away. No matter what.

I am an "outsider" as you call it with this ID......I call myself a newbie as most members would call me. 

I would not say I felt welcome or unwelcome but once I started posting answers that received positive replies it was obvious that I was accepted.....and that is what these boards are all about. 

The aim is to offer help with problems and not offer meaningless platitudes. Some of us are blunt and to the point, others are more gentle in their delivery method, but most posters offer similar information.

There is no way of deciding who is posting with a lot of experience as many members use Posting IDs with little or no feedback.....you can only read the posts and decide if the information therein is of use to you.

If it is no use in your situation it does not mean it is wrong.

As to the ages of the posters in your threads......members must be 18 to be members of ebay and I know for a positive fact that many who have posted are in their 50s, 60s and 70s.

Message 72 of 73
Latest reply

Hi All

Having read this entire thread it is apparent that:

• previous moderation requests to abide by the Community Guidelines have been ignored
  • the OP has expressed her opinion and still feels the same way
  • the discussion has devolved into point scoring and name calling

With this in mind, the thread, which incidentally has nothing to do with the board in which it is posted 

Each of the discussion boards has a defined purpose, or topic. This is to help ensure that the discussion boards are a useful and productive forum for discussion about eBay. For example, the “Buying” and “Selling” boards are places where people can discuss tips and experiences surrounding those eBay activities.

has been locked to further comment

eBay Moderation Team

Message 73 of 73
Latest reply