Blatant lie by Australia Post

cq_tech
Community Member

Received an email today telling me to expect delivery of an item I purchased from Melbourne last Monday so I intentionally stayed in during the afternoon, which is when the courier usually delivers parcels. Come nightfall there's still been no delivery so I checked the mailbox to see if it had been carded by the postie instead, who delivers well before midday (even though I was home anyway), but there's no card either.

So I log on to AP to check the tracking disposition and what I see is posted below. According to somebody, delivery was attempted at 14:42 yet that's a blatant lie as I was watching TV at the time and both the driveway and mailbox are in clear view while I'm doing so. I'm assuming that my item is now at my local LPO and it's a good thing they know me well because I don't have a card to present when I go there in the morning to collect my item.

There's no point complaining to them as it's not their fault, and they're really nice people anyway, but I'm still pretty savage, not so much about having to wait an extra day for my item, but the fact that they told me a bald-faced lie. I'll be waiting for the postie in the morning and asking if she had any parcels for me, although I suspect it was the contractor running late and he didn't even bother stopping at my place. Had he done so, he would have at least left a card if I'd not been there, but I was, and I know for an absolute fact that he never even made an attempt.

I've already sent a written complaint to AP and it will be interesting to see what they have to say about their appalling service, especially the fact that the driver had no problem lying on his run sheet. Really makes me want to trust him in the future. Not.

2015-05-07 23-19-29.png

Message 1 of 58
Latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Re: Blatant lie by Australia Post

Sounds like a muslim woman.  

Only the husband is allowed to open the door.

Certainly not the postie's fault.

Message 21 of 58
Latest reply

Agreed, I thought it was pretty rough too (omg I agree with you Joe).

No, not muslim. Very recent residents from China. I met them both some time later. I think the poor lady genuinely just freaked out.... unreasonable behaviour to me, but to be charitable she'd just arrived/been uprooted, couldn't communicate etc. Add a nervous disposition perhaps and there you go. Hubby must've been good on the phone though.

It's strange that so many genuine sellers have so much genuine trouble with AP's staff & contractors, yet the good posties like this get suspended for nothing much. But try getting a really bad one punished.... doesn't seem to happen.

Message 22 of 58
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:
I'd really love to put next door's cat in one of those... Smiley LOL

Now, now, that is not nice mate, l thought you liked pussies ???  Must find your place interesting. ha, ha, lol. :cattongue

Message 23 of 58
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Stawks, you are so much in trouble.......................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 24 of 58
Latest reply

@aussie-bazzar wrote:

@cq_tech wrote:
I'd really love to put next door's cat in one of those... Smiley LOL

Now, now, that is not nice mate, l thought you liked pussies ???  Must find your place interesting. ha, ha, lol. Cat Tongue

I quite like cats in general but I have a big problem with those who feel it necessary to mark their territory outside my back door, such as the unneutered male next door. There's not much on this earth that smells worse than cat's urine and nothing more difficult to get rid of. 😞

Message 25 of 58
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

Stawks, you are so much in trouble.......................

How so?       My grandkids had a playdate with muslim kids. 

Had to arrange with their mother to meet her at her gate.

She was in a burqa.

Got totd she is not allowed ot answer the door - only the husband can.

Once inside -off came the burqa.  She was an Irish lass with red hair!

And wearing shorts and tank top.

On with the burqa to hang out the washing, in case someone saw her.   

Only know what I know.   cleaning glasses smiley.gif

Message 26 of 58
Latest reply

there must be different ways, I have had a person with a full burqa come to my place twice on her own to pick up ,and I am talking about a strangers house. 

Message 27 of 58
Latest reply

Yes Joe, but she came to pick up the paint.

If you delivered it, she would not answer the door.

Message 28 of 58
Latest reply

yep , but I would of thought husbands letting her go to a strangers house , would be a no no,  maybe thats ok .

Message 29 of 58
Latest reply

*sigh..................no, it's because a man might accidently see her

without her burqa at home.

Message 30 of 58
Latest reply