Bought an item, seller says GSP only but not on listing?

Originally listing had reference to shipping, had a price for postage, definitely not GSP, listing had bids. Part way through it had changed to ask seller for quote in bright red letters. Asked seller they said GSP only for international sales but listing wasn't a typical GSP one (I'm wise to those now). Seller suggested I need to resolve that with eBay but I can hardly question options in his sale listing with eBay. So did the calculate shipping and came up as $35 usd. All good. Bid and win. Listing now shows ask seller again, I try to calculate and it's displaying that the postcode isn't valid (I tried other postcodes and same deal). However if I go to pay it's saying $75usd and usps postage.

Any ideas? I've messaged the seller but they're away til end of April. Surely if there's no reference to GSP in the listing the seller can't change that?
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

This is the listing. Doesn't look GSP
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I am guessing you meant to put an item number in the last post.

image host
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Screenshot actually. But apparently a photo on a phone doesn't attach.
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

122440438672 is the item number
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I'm thinking when you first looked at it, the postage showing was within US then after looking further, the software has updated to your location and seller hasn't set up the listing properly.

All you can do is wait for seller to send an invoice.

But an item like that with extras wouldn't be less than US$50 with USPS.

I recently had quote on similar size item with USPS and cheapest was US$70. (Yours would be heavier also)

Nice item BTW, a collector will pay around 4 figures for this in 10 years time, if not now.

image host
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

It's funny because with the GSP a similar item listed currently is $45 postage. People always say that larger items are cheaper through GSP (I've paid 30us for a watch).

Do usps charge on size or just weight? Aus post for all their eccentricities only charge by weight on international shipping.
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

USPS charges by weight and volume.

The cheaper services such as First Class International have a weight limit of 2 lbs.  Once you have to go to the more expensive services you are far better off using the GSP.

As long as the seller does it properly you will find that larger/heavier items are very cost effective with the GSP.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Seller has said 75 usd postage. I've entered his weight and size into usps and that's what I get too. So it's that or cancel which he's also offered to do but I don't really want to (because its so freakin awesome and you don't find these in Australia).
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

I too would get it even if it cost me 200 in postage.

Sooo jealous. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply