CTECHIE 20% Voucher Discount held recently

gwankada
Community Member

Although I have sent queries both to eBay, PayPal & Dell, how and when will I receive the promised discount on my purchase? Has anyone else had this type of issue? I'm told that eBay & PayPal ran the promtion and are therefore responsible for the credit. Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CTECHIE 20% Voucher Discount held recently

If you made a purchase and used the voucher and paid by PayPal, you will find that 20% of the total amount was funded by PayPal.  You don't actually receive a credit, you receive a discount at the time of purchase.

Go into your PayPal account and select the details of that particular transaction.  There you will find how the purchase was funded.  You may find it was funded partly by your PayPal balance, partly by your bank account or credit card AND 20% funded by PayPal.

Many people make the mistake of thinking that a discount wasn't applied because the summary only includes the total cost of the item.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Did you put the Voucher Code in the box in the invoice.....the discount should have been applied to the invoice before you paid.

If you did not use the voucher before paying then you will not get the discount.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

If you made a purchase and used the voucher and paid by PayPal, you will find that 20% of the total amount was funded by PayPal.  You don't actually receive a credit, you receive a discount at the time of purchase.

Go into your PayPal account and select the details of that particular transaction.  There you will find how the purchase was funded.  You may find it was funded partly by your PayPal balance, partly by your bank account or credit card AND 20% funded by PayPal.

Many people make the mistake of thinking that a discount wasn't applied because the summary only includes the total cost of the item.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Yes I did and I have now traced it back to a discount received. Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

It's a common mistake. People check their PayPal and see the full amount there and immediately think they have paid the full amount. It's only when you look closer you can see the 2 amounts.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply