Can I cancel a purchase when it is not allowing me to pay?

I committed to buy an item but am unable to pay as I keep getting an error message when I try. I get told to try again later. This has been going on for over 24 hours and the seller has not responded to my messages. I want to cancel the purchase and buy from someone else. Can I do that?

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Can I cancel a purchase when it is not allowing me to pay?

Only the seller can cancel and they are not obligated to do so as they have already been charged fees by eBay,even if you do not pay for what you bought

Not all sellers are on the computer (or on eBay) everyday they may not have even seen your messages at all yet. How many have you sent?

You say you can't pay as it is not allowing you to, but then you say you want to cancel and buy from someone else?

Same thing may happen with another seller and it is not the seller's fault you cannot pay. You might try a dozen sellers and get the same result

Someone posted earlier today that they were having issues trying to pay for items so I would suggest you contact eBay and make them aware it is not allowing you to pay

I assume the seller in question accepts the payment method you are trying to use?

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Are you getting the error message straight away when you go to pay or is ithappening when you try to use Paypal? If the latter then check your Paypal acount as often it will say you cannot pay but has in fact taken the payment, everal times f you have tried many times to pay.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Thought I was the only one experiencing this issue of a 'glitch' in eBay's 'No Way Pay' stuff up.

Go to the Discussion Board and see my 'Unable to paySeller' where I have detailed my problem to those who are interested in this absolutely ludicrous unimaginable idiotic asinine stupid beyond belief hair brain payment system that in the 21st Century with all the whizzbang tech developments in digital technology with endless ways to gain your dollar they (eBay) can't even get it right for the consumer to have pay for one item let alone multiple items . . . and this B*&&S%#T has been going on and off for over many years (personal experience) and they still can't get it right. **bleep**!!!

It's no wonder shoppers and sellers are deserting eBay by the droves to the competition . . . Customer Service isn't even on eBay's radar . . . just your $$$ at even a greater cost to you in the end. You can't even talk with the Technical Assistance Team (they say they have one) to explain your issue, the problem your having, to work with you to resolve the issue in real time and to arrive at a successful outcome to better your shopping/selling experience . . . AND there’s NO FOLLOW UP from anyone at eBay either. . . unless of course you’ve done the wrong thing that impacts on THEM!!

Currently, as of yesterday (day 3 of being unable to pay the seller) I made my umpteenth call to Customer Service to see what progress there was with my issue (a growing complaint) and was told that the Tech Team are working on it (Wednesday they had told me it would take 24 – 48 hours to provide a fix!!) and I can only pay for up to 10 items domestically and up to 3 items overseas . . . unbelievable!!

This morning (Saturday 12th 4am) I went into my ‘Purchase History’ to “Pay Now’ and got that error message again (70245 70438) and instructed to try later . . . then went into my ‘Shopping Cart’ to pay the same seller (14 item invoice) and the items aren’t even listed there . . . no invoice . . . no nothing!

I mean, where else to you run into this problem with anyone else in this day and age of NOT having the ability to pay someone for something (other than system crashes & hacks). . . think about!

Keep me posted, I would be very interested in hearing from you with any developments . . . maybe someone will start the ball rolling on Facebook (I’m not on Facebook) to mount public pressure which would light a fire under their A$$@S to help them pull their finger out and get results once and for all . . . there are millions of disgruntled eBayers out there.

Don't waste your time trying to cancel that item . . . the system will only work AGAINST you and you'll suffer greatly . . . tried that years ago . . .learned my lesson.

Cheers

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

Of course the system will not accommodate the OP trying to cancel a transaction....only the seller can cancel a transaction.

Has your seller sent 2 invoices for your 40 plus items to allow you to pay?

There is no point going off like a frog in a sock because you can't pay when you have been told you cannot pay for more than 40 items in one invoice.

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

My reply was to julie_serendipity regarding her inability to pay for 1 item.

I'm not sure your response to "Of course the system will not accomodate the OP trying to cancel a transaction.....only the seller can cancel a transaction" is directed to me or julie_seredipity. I'm not trying to cancel any items or nullify any transactions.

I'm assuming your response "Has the seller sent 2 invoices for your 40 plus items to allow you to pay?" is directed to me and If so then I'll reinterate what I previously said to Julie_serendipity;

Currently, as of yesterday (day 3 of being unable to pay the seller) I made my umpteenth call to Customer Service to see what progress there was with my issue (a growing complaint) and was told that the Tech Team are working on it (Wednesday they had told me it would take 24 – 48 hours to provide a fix!!) and I can only pay for up to 10 items domestically and up to 3 items overseas . . . unbelievable!!

This morning (Saturday 12th 4am) I went into my ‘Purchase History’ to “Pay Now’ and got that error message again (70245 70438) and instructed to try later . . . then went into my ‘Shopping Cart’ to pay the same seller (14 item invoice) and the items aren’t even listed there . . . no invoice . . . no nothing!

Please note - 10 items domestically or 3 items overseas so where does the 40+ come into this equation? I can't even pay for the invoice for 14 items.

With regard to "Has the seller sent 2 invoices for your 40 plus items to allow you to pay?"

I have individual invoices for 14, 24, 2, and 3 items which makes a total of 4 invoices = 43 items in total with 1 shipping fee on the 1st invoice for 14 items and the remainder of invoices are free shipping. I cannot pay any invoice currently as the glitch is still active (it's now day 4). Just this morning I have received my first 3 Unpaid Item Disputes (40 more to come) and when I did go to 'Pay Now' (the outcome is exactly the same for each of the three UID) I can only pay for 1 item at a time and each item has a shipping fee attached and that means that if I pay for each item I'll have paid for 43 individual shipping fees . . .not bad eh?

If you doubt this I can always repost my screen shots of the Pay Now transaction page for each of the 3 items for your viewing pleasure.

In closing, I was in the process of replying to your last response to me (now that I'm coherent and not sleep deprived) and it's still a work in progress but for now this response will suffice for this post and frankly I really like going off like a frog in a sock, because I can't pay, and it's very good therapy amongst otherthings. It makes a great point!

As for your earlier comment to me in your first response to my initial post "No need for all the drama" - I think I'll excercise my executive privilege in this instance in doing so yet again...and again...and again... till the issue, matter and problem is resolved.

That's all folks.

Hoo Roo

PS - should you want to pick apart anything in this post - knock yourself out 🙂 That's an expression not a directive

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

Are you using the app?

The app will not allow single payments for multiple purchases. It is one at a time, which sounds like the problem you are having.

If that is the case, you need to log in using the full (classic) site. That could well work.

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

Tell me what the apps name is, who makes it and where do I down load it from. If it's at a cost it'll have to wait till I budget for it.

Thanks again for the heads up on the app.

Cheers

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

it’s the free eBay app (and it can be a shocker to use).

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

You don't want the app.

If your'e having problems now, the app will tenfold them.

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply