Can someone make a browser plugin that flags items that have alternate seller locations to item?

I think the community really needs something like this which would check the item you search up against the seller profile and flag if red if it's not the same country at all.

After ebay ignored users for years on something like this and just decided that showing the location was alright even tho sellers can list their items in entirely different countries without any sort of red flags popping up, I feel it's beyond ebay to fix this issue with their own site and indeed needs the help of a plugin by someone else to fix their massive problem.

I wouldn't care if it made my ebay searches much slower, at least it might be able to blacklist all the sellers and then remove them from the page i'm looking at?

I know this might lead to 10 pages of numbers only tho which means i could bump up search results to 100+ a page if able.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Can someone make a browser plugin that flags items that have alternate seller locations to item?

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You realise that if this were possible, it would eliminate all the genuine dropshippers,

doing them out of an income.

Aren't they entitled to earn a wage?

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

You can do it yourself.

Look at the sellers' profiles and it will tell you where they are registered. Which may or may not have anything to do where the items are located.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

In the 'too hard basket' Dave.

First world problems, and all that.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

But.............. that means clicking one button Woman Surprised

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

"You realise that if this were possible, it would eliminate all the genuine dropshippers,

doing them out of an income."

Nonsense.

A genuine drop shipper in Australia would have the correct item location in the item location field.

So any search including the search filter - Item location: Australia would already return no results from genuine honest dropshippers.

There would be little or no negative side for a genuine drop shipper.

Any such tool would be great but should be redundant - unfortunately item location misrepresentation seems to be a low priority issue for ebay.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

@beerandpizzaplzwrote:

"You realise that if this were possible, it would eliminate all the genuine dropshippers,

doing them out of an income."

Nonsense.

A genuine drop shipper in Australia would have the correct item location in the item location field.

So any search including the search filter - Item location: Australia would already return no results from genuine honest dropshippers.

There would be little or no negative side for a genuine drop shipper.

Any such tool would be great but should be redundant - unfortunately item location misrepresentation seems to be a low priority issue for ebay.

Nonsense??    Would you care to run that past me again?

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Its clear the OP is not complaining about drop shippers - sellers in this country selling items directly from another, rather sellers in another country selling items on ebayAU and misrepresenting their items as being in country.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

But the 'plug in' they're suggesting would knock out the dropshippers.

I'm talking about genuine Chinese sellers, registered in China, but have someone

with an actual warehouse here in Australia, that they would ship from.

They do exist, you know.

There are different types of dropshippers.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

@enigmabearwrote:

But.............. that means clicking one button Woman Surprised

OP isn't talking about clicking ONE button, or only clicking it once.  If there are 50 items come up in a search and 47 have an incorrect location they want to be able to find the 3 without having to click on all 50 items and then on their location to check where they are.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply