Change primary address to have parcel sent to overseas address

I want to purchase something from the U.S and have it sent to a friend in the U.S.  If I change my primary address to her address can it be sent to her?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Change primary address to have parcel sent to overseas address

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If the seller does not send overseas you may find yourself unable to even buy the item.  Some sellers do not even accept messages from overseas buyers.

If you are able to contact the seller ask if she will accept an order from you as it will be sent to a local US address.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

To avoid problems with the seller not selling overseas etc the easiest way to go about it is to add your US friends address to your delivery addresses, change that to your prinary delivery address and then make the purchase. The seller will only see the US address and will not know you have any other. Once you have gone through checkout and made payment you can change your usual, Aus delivery address back to your primary. You can leave the US address there as an option in case you want to use it again sometime.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

amb4491
Community Member

Also logging into ebay.com rather than ebay.com.au may help. And contact the seller to explain what you are trying to do.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

You can add any address manually after purchase before paying. I've done so many times. Not sure how it works with overseas addresses.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@letscleanupmycupboardswrote:
You can add any address manually after purchase before paying. I've done so many times. Not sure how it works with overseas addresses.

The biggest problem may be that the seller does not send internationally so the buyer will not even be able to make the purchase and go through checkout.

My method is completely foolproof (except for the complete numpty) No contact with seller needed, no confusion over addresses possible, seller will not even know it is an overseas buyer..

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Most sellers are keen to sell under their rules. I don't see anything to block you from paying here and sending to the U.S, but it is polite to contact the seller is it not? I have several Oz addresses for "no post box deliveries" etc. because I live out of town. I just use the one I need to at the time and then it automatically resets to my primary address again. Hope it helps you
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply