Cheap but highly unreliable couriers

What if anything can be done to encourage  sellers who use cheap but atrocious couriers like CouriersPlease and Aramex (previously Fastway) to use more reliable couriers even if they cost a bit more ?

The last 4 items I bought were returned to the seller supposedly because supposedly they could not be delivered despite the fact i have a shop which is open 8.5 hours a day . Then I have to go through the time wasting process of organising a refund and trying a different seller . 

It always seems to be Fastway or CouriersPlease who are involved when these problems occur.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

You may be open 8.5 hours, but that doesnt mean you are open when the courier comes,  at the moment we are getting deliveries anytime up till 7 at night.

Ask the seller who they use.

You can contact the seller before buying and ask them if they will use a different courier,  I use oz post,  but have had a couple ask me to send via couriers please.

use a different seller

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

If a parcel has a tracking and you see that it is on board for delivery, maybe you can stay in the shop a bit longer (if this is allowed), or maybe you can indicate your home address if there is somebody else at hope who can receive the parcels.

At the moment most couriers (including the expensive ones) deliver until late.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

I don't think it is possible to get sellers to understand Sendle, Couriers Please and Fastway are garbage when it comes to deliveries.  They book the courier service, the item is picked up efficiently and they think the company is brilliant.  Sigh.

I last had this issue with a seller who insisted on using Sendle 'as she had no end of issues with Aust Post'.  So my item got sent using Sendle....who passed it on to Couriers Please in my location......and then nothing happened.  I contacted the courier company and the seller.  The couriers (after some prodding) agreed to look for the parcel (which was God knows where at their depot for weeks).  The seller told me 'she had never had any trouble with Sendle before'.....and it turns out she also had no idea whoever picked up the parcel was not necessarily the couriers that deliver it.

Finally the parcel was located and was (slowly) on its way to me.  In the meantime the seller had seen the tracking and also contacted the company.  They told her (and I quote!!) 'The parcel was handed over to Aust Post for delivery'.  Of course it wasn't!!  Sendle and AP are in direct competition and have made complaints against each other.

After more conversations with the Seller after my purchase finally arrived, she told me AP was 'terrible' because of parcels lost once they left Oz and arrived overseas.  I pointed out that was hardly AP's fault but likely the postal/customs/whatever services in the respective countries.  I also told her my parcel had a Couriers Please label on it (big surprise.....not) so the company lied to her that AP were at fault for its slow delivery.

I can only hope her eyes were opened to the true state of certain couriers in Oz.  One company at least certainly helped my opinion of them by deliberately lying to the seller that they had given the parcel to Aust Post.  It seems on many levels they are not the smartest knives in the block.

Oh, and a recent purchase (not eBay) was sent by Couriers Please - a big bulky padded bag of 4 boxed (but thankfully not breakable) items which the delivery person somehow managed to fold over and cram into my letterbox so the letterbox lid wouldn't close properly.  It was only a short walk to my safe drop spot from my letterbox but apparently he couldn't be bothered.  Two boxes were crushed but the contents were OK thank goodness.  Couriers Please lately have been worse than Fastway....and that's saying something.

All any buyer can do is notify the seller and hope they finally see the light, and avoid these dodgy companies.  At the very least Sellers should state they use couriers instead of Aust Post.  'Standard Post' is NOT couriers!

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Your point being ?????    It is getting worse not better>

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

Unfortunately I have a business to run  which means I don't have time to sit in front of my keyboard all day checking tracking

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

@missbelz15 wrote:

Your point being ?????    It is getting worse not better>

People gave you advise then, you obviously didnt take any of it

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

To my mind it is up to the couriers to come to a business address when they are likely to be open not for me to change my hours to pander to these cretins

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

@missbelz15 wrote:

To my mind it is up to the couriers to come to a business address when they are likely to be open not for me to change my hours to pander to these cretins

Thats like me saying that you should be open at midnight when I want to come and purchase from your business.

Sounds like you expect the world to revolve around you

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply