Chinese sellers pretending to be located in Australia scamming Australians.

A Chinese seller pretending to be located in Australia scamming Australians

I purchased a item without knowing their true intent, now they got my money and told me they wont/cant deliver it, and they will not refund my money.

CHINA at its best. eBay buyers around the world BEWARE !!!

I had to make a PayPal and eBay dispute to try and get my money back.
Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Chinese sellers pretending to be located in Australia scamming Australians.

emotmai,

Did you open a case in both PayPal and eBay?

You cannot do that. It's a violation of the T&Cs of the eBay Money Back Guarantee. eBay would in that case have closed your case automatically, not because you bought from a seller who didn't return your money or because the seller was Chinese, but because you didn't follow the right procedure.

I don't think PayPal close a dispute automatically if you've also opened an eBay MBG case, but they certainly do close a dispute automatically if you also initiate a chargeback by your credit card issuer.

For that reason, you should always seek to open disputes/raise claims in this order:

1. eBay refund request (raised to a dispute if seller doesn't refund);
  2. IF UNSUCCESSFUL WITH EBAY (or too late to open an eBay dispute), then PayPal Buyer Protection case in its Resolution Centre;
  3. IF UNSUCCESSFUL ALSO WITH PAYPAL, then chargeback by your credit/debit card issuer.

Has your PayPal case been resolved yet?

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

The item number would be more helpful, the photo shows the Aussie flag but that does'nt mean anything

And with it described as 'energy save' looks like a seller in China

You may well have had a very lucky escape with this item, it is likely to fail in every way and be potemtially very dangerous

If you did not open two disputes at the same time (eBay and PayPal) it is extremely odd that eBay ruled in the seller's favour, that hardly ever happens. I would be on to Live Chat and ask for a proper explaination 

Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

*Sorry, just to add

You can also point out to Live Chat the seller offered you a % off discount to 'butter you up'

And they asked that you don't leave them a bad 'review' (which would be for the product, they as a seller deserve the 'bad feedback')

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

Unlike some of the others  I think the seller was trying to work with you. Did you get a cancellation request and agree to it? If you did you should have received your refund, if you didn't agree then there is nothing the seller can do since they didn't want to send a faulty item to you and you have refused the refund.

What did you do?

The couple of times this has happened to me I had no trouble getting the refund. I haven't had any problems with Chinese sellers.

Latest reply

They just messaged me with this:
Hi, we off office now, as we have a holiday of Dragon Boat Festival currently. We will back to office on Sunday, will check it for you at that time ok?

and I replied with:

Ok, just cancel the sale and refund my money as soon as possible

Now its a waiting game.

If this is not a confession of them pretending to be a Australian seller, then I dont know what is.

Btw, on their eBay sales page they have this for the item location:

Postage:
Standard Postage | See Details

Item location:
REGENTS PARK,NSW, Australia

Now they have changed the sellers location when I click on there eBay ID, since so many of us have complained to eBay and PayPal.
Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

Regents Park is a very common 'item location' sellers registered in China use (Darwin is another) 

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

I have just been told in a message from eBay customer service reps that some of my comments here were deleted because I posted personal messages that the seller sent me because it gives away the sellers personal details within my interations with the seller.

I have "NOT" disclosed the sellers "ID" or anything else personal from the seller that shows who they are, I am not that stupid.

Now my comments here are being monitored, great!

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

This forum isn't run by eBay and they don't visit here, so the eBay customer service rep would have absolutely no idea whether you had posts removed or not. This site is run by Khoros, and the moderators are paid to enforce the community rules. They are the only ones who can remove posts. 

Scroll back through the thread and see if any posts have been removed. I haven't seen any that would violate forum rules (but then I have not long been home from work, so anything could have happened in the previous 9 hours).

One of the rules is that you're not supposed to post private discussions between members. That could be between members in these forums, or between buyer and seller. You also aren't supposed to post discussions between you and eBay. That said, those types of posts aren't always removed if they don't contain any way of identifying the other person.

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

Have you left feedback for the seller? If you have, then we can see who they are and what might be going on. Otherwise, give us an item number or a description of the listing.

Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

Found the seller. Atrocious feedback. Definitely a Chinese seller. They also have 2 other accounts selling similar items (one only has one item with 3 variations). They have equally as bad feedback, all saying the same thing. The items were no good. They didn't work. Struggled to get refund. etc etc

I know you've probably lost $36, but I think I agree with whoever said it above, that you dodged a bullet. I suspect those items had the potential to be dangerous.

Always, always ALWAYS check a sellers feedback page to see where they are registered. Yes, some Asian sellers do have warehouses in Australia, but most don't. I've never had any issues buying from Asian sellers, but I know they are coming from over there. They aren't lying about the item location.

2 things that immediately jumped out at me that they were Chinese, was the Australian flag, and mentioning it was an AU plug. If you were buying from an Australian seller, they wouldn't need to mention about the plug.

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply