Concerned about a purchase

On the 3rd of June, I bought a Nintendo 3DS. IT was bought at around midnight and not paid for straight away... The next morning around 10am I get a message saying "just waiting for payment then I can send the DS" , I didn't reply immediately. A few hours later I get a message asking me if I still wanted to buy the DS.. I explained that I wouldn't be able to pay until the Friday (last week) and that if he didnt want to go through with the sale then to just send me a mutual cancelation and he can relist; he said he would wait.. 

I sent through the money via PayPal on Friday morning and sent a message telling him so.. I got a message around 2am Tuesday morning apologising for not sending the DS as he had forgotten it was a public holiday and would send it tomorrow (He might have meant Tuesday) 

It hasn't been marked as posted yet so I sent him a message as I know that not all sellers mark items as posted. 

So far there has been no reply.... 

I do know the dangers of buying electronic devices on ebay so I don't need to know about that.

I also noticed that he has "relisted this item or something similar" I know this usually just means that they have twomore than one item the same, but I was wondering what the chances are of him having two 3DSs to sell as he doesn't appear to be a refurbisher.. 

Is there any reason for concern, or am I just being paranoid? Normally I wouldn't worry but it was just weird that he sent me two messages within 12 hours of me buying the DS and now nothing.

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Concerned about a purchase

yep, you're right

looks like your scam radar was spot on, eh?

well maybe not a scam, he probably intended to sell....... and then got a better offer or something so is now just stringing you along....

Thank goodness for PayPal, eh?

We sometimes complain about the fees, but in situations like this it sure makes me glad that PayPal provides some kind of protection for buyers and sellers.

All the best with the PayPal case, should be smooth sailing - its just a bugger that so much money is tied up and unable to be used in the interim, eh? That's a definite downside to situations like this.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

There was no "better offer" the 3DS that he had relisted actually sold for less than what I originally paid.. 

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

weird them eh?

anyways, I'm sure you will be covered by PayPal, and as frustrating and inconvenient that it is, you should at least eventually get your money back.

all the best

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

eh?

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

I have escalated the dispute to a claim after not hearing from the seller, he now has until the 4th of July to respond but so far he hasn't...

He has active listings on ebay so he isn't sick, at this point he's ignoring me

Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
Have you left negative feedback to warn others yet?
Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

How did you get on. Did you get a refund or your item?

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

As the seller didn't reply in the amount of time given, I've been given a full refund by PayPal ๐Ÿ™‚

I have left negative feedback and gave his stars a bit of a wack too

Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

Good you got your refund.

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply