DHL shipping to residentual property

Hello

So i wrote this to ask you about DHL shipping. The reason is because i have never have my item deliver to my door but instead to click and collect service ( Courier/ AU Post) and post office ( Australia Post parcel collect). However, i'm trying to buy a lepin set from eBay and Aliexpress but neither sellers use click and collect and Au Post for delivery and offer DHL. 

Though i have researched and found that DHL very good at delivering, i've never have my parcel deliver to my door before so i want to ask some questions about it:

1. Is the tracking information up to date and accurate?

2. Since i have no car and always close the door, my house looks pretty much empty though i'm inside. Do they have any procedure like prssing doorbell or give a phone call when arrived?

3. Do they deliver outside business hours?

4. Do they have the collection point? Is there one in Gold Coast/ Queensland?

5.What happen if they misdeliver? Can i conact the guys that are responsible for my parcel?

Thank you very much. I would be appreciated for your help. Sorry for bad English

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

DHL excellent service.

Best tracking out there point to point, and states when is with the delivery driver.

If not home, they will leave a card, which you can contact DHL by phone or online to arrange another delivery at a time more conventiant to you.

Delivery only during business hours, also if you are located outside of their delivery radius, then package will be passed on to Australia post to do the final delivery.

Never had a misdelivery with DHL, so can not comment on that one, but remember DHL is a worldwide delivery service, far bigger than Australia post, they have their own aircraft even to transport packages worldwide at lightning speeds, 2 to 3 days from HK to any Australian capital city, is not mucking around.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

I concur with paco, DHL in my experiences has been excellent.

Professional, timely and makes me feel like I never need to worry, as sender or receiver.

image host
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

The lag on scanning events with DHL is up to around half an hour (that is, a scan made at 1pm might not show until 1:30pm), other than that it's pretty spot on and as mentioned above, they are hands down the most efficient courier service I've ever dealt with (as a recipient). 

I can't speak for other drivers, but mine will ring / knock if I'm not at the door when they approach, I think I've only ever had to reschedule a delivery once and it came the next day as requested (unlike so many others, who confirm you've scheduled re-delivery for the next day, then they show up 3 days later). You can also provide Authority to Leave, which means the driver will leave the package without collecting a signature, if you're not home or able to answer the door.

Just in my own experience, they fly the packages directly to my state (most other couriers fly packages to an interstate headquarters and then truck them out to other states), so they're generally faster and 99% of the time, deliver the same day it clears customs (if it's a week day), so keeping an eye on the tracking is a good idea (most of mine hit the ground early morning, clear customs mid-morning, are loaded for delivery early afternoon, and then delivered mid-afternoon). 

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If your item is coming from overseas it will not be delivered to a Post Office box or parcel locker....it can only be delivered to a street address and you will probably be asked to provide a phone number for them to contact you if/when necessary.

As the others have said DHL is probably one of the more reliable of the overseas courier companies.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I've only had a few DHL deliveries but I agree with the others, never a problem with them either in Perth or in country WA.

Off topic, here's one for you Kopes...................original.gif

"All For One"    Aum.........................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

The drivers are very perceptive, had a delivery of goods worth around $700, although requested to leave front door, as i work the local area, so nevber to far away, the driver did not feel right about leaving a package of that value at the front door, so carded it instead, no drama aranged next day delivery, driver aplogised for not leaving it at the door, as he thought risky to leave a package of that value at the door.

I accepted that as most courier drivevers could not give a (you know what i mean)

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Ah you noticed I admire and respect freedom.

Well there is no choice really, it's what nature gave us all.

Let's hope Tibetans are freed from their prison. 

image host
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

We receive around 12 or so deliveries from overseas each month and without doubt our courier service of choice is DHL - a close second is TNT.

Both excel in reliability and speed of service.

The difference between such global companies, and local courier services like Couriers Please and Fastaway is the former delivery drivers are company employees and not self employed franchisee's.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Have a delivery from Italy to Brisbane and the Seller gave me tracking number but searching only shows domestic Italy transit. Itโ€™s way overdue. DHL Packchen International. Any advice on how to search there or locally? Thanks
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply