Delivery time well beyond expected.

Hi all, I understand the post is very slow at the moment, but I have an item coming from WA to Central NSW, that was sent on 9th of this month, and arrived in Sydney 4 days later, as per the tracking, but no events have shown since, and still no delivery. I have been communicating with the seller, a B&M store, whom I have purchased from several times before, but they are insisting that it will still arrive, it is ''not lost''. I have done the communicating via the Ebay system, and after tomorrow I can escalate it to a claim. It is not a cheap item. I totally beleive the seller has posted the item, as they have a good record with me and pretty much everyone else, but I cant afford to just ''drop'' almost $300. As it is almost 3 weeks since payment was made, and item shipped, I dont think I am being unreasonable in escalating with Ebay. I mean, how long do we have to give a seller, or Aust Post to find something lost in the system? How long is a  piece of string, I guess. Any opinions much appreciated. I dont like this anymore than a decent seller would, but someone has to bite the bullet on it.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Delivery time well beyond expected.

Contact them through Facebook, quoting the case number.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Use this to check the ACTUAL estimated ETA as correctly provided by australia post NOT ebay. eBay lately have given incorrect delivery time frames to buyers.https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/calculate-postage-delivery-times/#/option/domestic/

Also please be aware there various delays impacting the postal network.
https://auspost.com.au/about-us/news-media/important-updates/coronavirus

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

I think it's a good idea to send stuff out these days by paying the little bit extra to have insurence cover with signature on delivery. If I do sell anything these days, that is what I do, the buyer can read my listings and agree to the extra cost, or keep looking. I had two issues a while back, before this recent ''slow down'', where buyers claimed they didn't get items, and I refunded long before they had to open cases against me, so lesson learnt.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Has it occurred to you that Standard Mail which is transported by truck and trucks now have to queue at all borders which adds additional time. Throw in all the COVID measures Australia Post must comply with, then throw in another near doubling of parcel volumes in the last three weeks again, as Victoria went back into lock down.

It is NOT the sellers FAULT and it is NOT the sellers problem. Your parcel will arrive.

If your delivery was time critical why not use Express Post to reduce shipping time ? A few extra bucks and it's on a plane WA - NSW.

(Today TNT advised a doubling in their volumes just this week).
Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

So, item gets from WA to Sydney in 4 days, but cant get to its NSW destination within an additional 2 weeks? Every other item I have ordered this year arrives to me from Sydney, in no more than a week. Anyway, problem has been sorted, case closed.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

@audistarelectronics wrote:

I think it's a good idea to send stuff out these days by paying the little bit extra to have insurence cover with signature on delivery. If I do sell anything these days, that is what I do, the buyer can read my listings and agree to the extra cost, or keep looking. I had two issues a while back, before this recent ''slow down'', where buyers claimed they didn't get items, and I refunded long before they had to open cases against me, so lesson learnt.

Insurance only covers loss. At the purchase price to the seller, if over $50. SOD doesn't work atm, as the deliverer is authorised to sign for it.

If the item is lost, the carrier SHOULD reimburse. Charging buyers extra won't make you competitive. Nor does it relate to the fact that, as of today, the item you purchased has only just ticked over to overdue.

I could mention that you are an experienced eBay member, who seems to have a lot of problems, but I won't.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

@audistarelectronics wrote:

I look at it a different way. I don't believe the buyer should be paying directly for extra cover. They will get their money back if Aust Post loses the item, regardless how much insurance the item had!

You get up to $100 cover by default. I ask myself how much I would be prepared to lose if the item goes missing, and factor the $2.50 for each extra $100 cover into the sale price.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply