Pen Knives

rubsmyt1
Community Member

I am appauled that eBay are allowing sellers to sell kives concealled as pens (Pen Knife).

They are cheap and kids have been buying them and taking them to school. I am outraged and this either needs to be stopped or reported to themedia.                                        

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Pen Knives

I agree, eBay should force the seller to remove the blade so that kids can only stab each other with the Biro bit..........

Seriously though, it's an Asian seller so even if you report the item in the "report" link on the listing, eBay Australia will do nothing about it citing that it's an ebay.cn problem - and guess what, they won't pull the listing either. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Pen Knives

Even more alarming customs do not stop them coming in at all

And that so many people don't know their child is taking weapons to school

Or that kids are evn buying on eBay in the first place when are suppose to be over 18 to do so

eBay do not read this forum though, so you need to contact them,and then report it to the media 

Also important to report children under 18 buying on eBay when you do contact them, so that the illegal accounts can be shut down and those parents allowing their children to buy such things can also have their accounts suspended

Let us know how you get on,please

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Pen Knives

Go get 'em bear......................angry-old-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Pen Knives

I 'even' lost an e, I am that steamed 

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Pen Knives

Good grief!    

The listing even has a pic of a guy being stabbed!

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Pen Knives

@enigmabear wrote:

I 'even' lost an e, I am that steamed 

You should use "spell chuck" "spell chick" "spell cheque"..............

"The listing even has a pic of a guy being stabbed!"

And chopping up something supicious Stawks...............

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Pen Knives

Does not surprise me, the seller knows they are among the great untouchables 

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Pen Knives

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@rubsmyt1 wrote:

They are cheap and kids have been buying them and taking them to school. I am outraged and this either needs to be stopped or reported to themedia.                                        

How do you know that kids are buying these knives and taking them to school?

If you have proof of this your first step should be to report the items to Customs.

All the outrage in the world is useless.....what do you expect the media to do except to report it to Customs, which you should do if you know the items are getting into the country.

The items are for sale on ebay but that does not mean they are legal to import.   There are thousands of items that fit that criteria but that does not mean that they are flooding into the country.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Pen Knives

@rubsmyt1 wrote:

I am appauled that eBay are allowing sellers such as stunner1975 , to sell kives concealled as pens (Pen Knife).

So kids today, don't know how to make a deadly weapon, from a pencil, pencil sharpener + rubber, ruler, pocket comb  etc,  what the hell are they learning in manual arts (or whatever it is called these days).   I remember Me and my mates all making cross bows.   I supplied the plans, the school provided the timber for the stocks, and one of the kids fathers provided the sprung steel.
No one died!!
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply