Does anyone else HATE this stupid Global shipping program?

I've found Global to be inflexible, expensive and frustrating. I've just had an item sent through it and of course it's under multiple carriers and the number I was given by WNDirect cannot be tracked. I've therefore paid for a Priority Mail service and received what was First Class without the tracking. I live in Australia and First Class International through the good old U.S. Post can now be tracked here. It is SO much better than what I just experienced and costs me so much less, but when a seller locks themselves into a Global listing, it appears that they can no longer override the invoice so I've just paid double for this rubbish! So not happy!!

Message 1 of 112
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I completely understand your situation, I no longer purchase from sellers who offer Global shipping... however they can override it and go back to U.S. shipping... I know this to be true because I recently purchased items from 2 different sellers and they originally were offering Global shipping but were able to change it...

In the future if you would like to purchase something that is offered with Global shipping...my suggestion would be to try and work together with the seller, let them know about the extra charges that you have to pay and the inconvenience it has caused you with previous buying experiences... if the seller cares about customer service they will help you out... if they insist that they cannot change the shipping method... then be thankful that you didnt buy from them... they would only care about making a sale and nothing more...

Only a genuine customer oriented seller will care enough to do whatever is possible to offer his or her customer a wonderful shopping experience....

Hoping I have helped a bit, wishing you all the best

with kind regards

from Stella ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 112
Latest reply

And I would add to that, inform sellers that USPS First Class International with E-DELCON is fully trackable in the US and Australia. 

There are still sellers who are not familiar with E-DELCON at all, let alone that is extends to tracking their items in Oz.

I talked one (I would say slightly reluctant) seller into changing the listing to postage by USPS from GSP when I actually forwarded USPS links re the E-DELCON service to them.

When I signed on to eBay I never imagined I'd be ploughing through the United States Postal Service website to find info to forward to a US seller.  Kinda weird when you think about it. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 112
Latest reply

GSP can be very good value for very heavy items to Australia. Anything under 2 kilos and it's not.

It is possible to unlock a sale from the GSP, the buyer need to find and use the 'send invoice' button

Most  won't think of this because they have already had an invoice.

Really, you'd need both a knowlegeable seller and an experienced buyer to sort this out, and it's likely neither would be having anything to do with the GSP.

PS Postage must be bought online for E Delcon.

Message 9 of 112
Latest reply
111 REPLIES 111

You can clearly see before you bid/buy if the seller uses GSP so don't buy from them, you could also email them to let them know why you are not buying.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 112
Latest reply

I am sure America is losing so much business because of the GSP.

I stay away from any sellers with GSP.

image host
Message 3 of 112
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I hope that is a rhetorical question.

You only have to look down the boards to see that there are numerous threads about the GSP and not one poster is praising it in any way.

Message 4 of 112
Latest reply

I completely understand your situation, I no longer purchase from sellers who offer Global shipping... however they can override it and go back to U.S. shipping... I know this to be true because I recently purchased items from 2 different sellers and they originally were offering Global shipping but were able to change it...

In the future if you would like to purchase something that is offered with Global shipping...my suggestion would be to try and work together with the seller, let them know about the extra charges that you have to pay and the inconvenience it has caused you with previous buying experiences... if the seller cares about customer service they will help you out... if they insist that they cannot change the shipping method... then be thankful that you didnt buy from them... they would only care about making a sale and nothing more...

Only a genuine customer oriented seller will care enough to do whatever is possible to offer his or her customer a wonderful shopping experience....

Hoping I have helped a bit, wishing you all the best

with kind regards

from Stella ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 5 of 112
Latest reply

And I would add to that, inform sellers that USPS First Class International with E-DELCON is fully trackable in the US and Australia. 

There are still sellers who are not familiar with E-DELCON at all, let alone that is extends to tracking their items in Oz.

I talked one (I would say slightly reluctant) seller into changing the listing to postage by USPS from GSP when I actually forwarded USPS links re the E-DELCON service to them.

When I signed on to eBay I never imagined I'd be ploughing through the United States Postal Service website to find info to forward to a US seller.  Kinda weird when you think about it. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 112
Latest reply

Ummm..... No.

I don't generally buy from the US. When I do it is not through eBay. And it definitely doesn't involve PB.

Message 7 of 112
Latest reply

@zanadoo_56 wrote:

I think e-delcon is only available when the shipping is arranged online (perhaps it's a bit like our click and send or ebay labels?)

Firstly the challenge of finding a seller who is willing to ship direct using USPS and then hoping to goodness they sort their shipping out online so can take advantage of the free e-delcon available to them

Message 8 of 112
Latest reply

GSP can be very good value for very heavy items to Australia. Anything under 2 kilos and it's not.

It is possible to unlock a sale from the GSP, the buyer need to find and use the 'send invoice' button

Most  won't think of this because they have already had an invoice.

Really, you'd need both a knowlegeable seller and an experienced buyer to sort this out, and it's likely neither would be having anything to do with the GSP.

PS Postage must be bought online for E Delcon.

Message 9 of 112
Latest reply

I find a lot of sellers from USA are very surprised at what there posting cost shows on there listings.

i buy a bit from the USA and find if you contact seller and ask for cheaper way to post most do so.

example i contacted seller 2 days ago re postage showing $47.00 after contacting seller i got postage at $12.50.

so does pay to contact sellers and ask before moving on elsewhere.

Message 10 of 112
Latest reply