Does anyone else think that there should be be separate feed back for how well the item was packed ?

Let us have the separate line review for " how well was item packed" and the star rating system

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Does anyone else think that there should be be separate feed back for how well the item was pack

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There are so many members who don't leave feedback now that anything extra being added is only likely to drive more away.

Personally I comment on the packaging in my 80 character review anyway.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Re: Does anyone else think that there should be be separate feed back for how well the item was pack

How about using this to replace "communication"?

We keep getting marked down for this even when we've had no communication with buyers (except for the automatic Ebay notifications).

Even though Ebay state it will only be available to rate if relevant, we've been asked to rate communication for our purchases when there has been absolutely no direct contact with the seller.

In our experience, both as buyers & sellers, direct communication is only relevant in a small percentage of transactions.
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

I agree joh, the majority of time comms are not necessary.

But perhaps you are being marked down because of the lack of comms from some buyers.

These days I acknowledge all purchases with - 

Thank you for your purchase.

I shall post the item tomorrow morning and upload tracking a.s.a.p.

Especially if purchases are made on friday evening or over the weekend.

An acknowledgement can make the buyer feel at ease and that they are dealing with a person.

image host
Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

You can't win with communication - if you message them it annoys some people, if you don't it annoys others. Sometimes it depends on what you sell. I find craft people generally like to talk.

Re packaging, I think a separate star rating for it would be a waste of time. I've bought one of two identical items a seller had and the packaging was woefully inadequate, but the other buyer stated in feedback that packaging was excellent. Theirs may have been packed a LOT better than mine but I doubt it.
Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Thank you for your purchase.

I shall post the item tomorrow morning and upload tracking a.s.a.p.

That made us think - most of our items are sent as letters/large letters without tracking & perhaps some people mark us down because they don't have any idea when the items will arrive.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
You can't win with communication - if you message them it annoys some people, if you don't it annoys others. 

Exactly!

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

I do the same, of course, but it doesn't appear to result in any markdown; posting quickly with a nice note inside seems to keep them happy enough.
Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

We actually have a 4.9 for communication, so it's not too bad.

Just a bit annoying as we always send a message if there is any need to do so - eg, postage refund & reply to messages we receive.

We also always mark items as posted on the day we post them.

Never mind, just a bit of frustration at times - seems that you can't win no matter how hard you try.
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

I reckon the 4.9 ratings come from people inadvertently pressing the first star instead of the fifth star.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply