Does anyone else think that there should be be separate feed back for how well the item was packed ?

Let us have the separate line review for " how well was item packed" and the star rating system

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Does anyone else think that there should be be separate feed back for how well the item was pack

The first time I used the new feedback format as a buyer I nearly gave everything a 1 instead of a 5. I was using a PC but it just wasn't obvious!
Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Re: Does anyone else think that there should be be separate feed back for how well the item was pack

@wide-world-of-stamps wrote:

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Thank you for your purchase.

I shall post the item tomorrow morning and upload tracking a.s.a.p.

That made us think - most of our items are sent as letters/large letters without tracking & perhaps some people mark us down because they don't have any idea when the items will arrive.

If you mark their items as sent they should have just as much idea when they'll arrive as they would if you sent a message.  I always message my buyers at the same time I mark them as sent.  I find if they ever have a question most are likely to click on reply rather than hit the returns button.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Good idea 🙂

Will look at doing that since the options Ebay gives for messaging a seller can be confusing & lead to cases being opened when the buyer just wanted to contact the seller.
Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

Ditto, in fact I think I did give a couple of sellers a 1 star.
Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

It also shows the seller that you're interested in them and they're not just a number or someone to take money from.
Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Sorry, I meant the buyer, not seller. I get so annoyed when so many people write buyer when they mean seller, and vice versa, but now I've gone and done it myself!
Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

Stars are pretty much irrelevant these days.

But no, for the reasons I detailed in your other complaint.

You already have the option to rate 'as described' so if the item (or case) is damaged that is your avenue.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Packaging is too subjective for it to ne a DSR, IMHO, because people in general rate based on what they personally like rather than what is objectively adequate or appropriate.

You'd have buyers marking sellers down because they used recycled packaging while others marking sellers down if they didn't.
Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

That is another important factor - increasingly important nowadays. That is, the eco-friendly nature of packaging.

I recently bought some disposable tableware and cutlery (made out of palm leaf and wood respectively). However, the bundles were packaged together with plastic. I sent a message through to the company, thanking them for the items (which look wonderful, and which, once they've been used 1-5 times, can be home-composted or simply buried under soil to biodegrade naturally), and asking if they had considered using sugarcane-based or cornstarch wrap instead of petroleum-based plastic, as I'd been reading that some bin liners, for example, have just recently been approved as meeting Australian Standard AS 5810 (home compostable).

The company reply was quick and friendly; they've got vegetable starch film ready to go as their new packaging, and are just using up their existing supply of the plastic. The reply, both in tone and in content, has me more than happy to buy again from that company. This is just one example of how a good buyer-seller relationship can be established through respectful and friendly communication... and how some customers will be looking for packaging that is biodegradable or recyclable.

I've just googled eco-friendly alternatives to bubble wrap... and there is actually a product which looks very promising, called Greenwrap. I'm sure it's not the only one, but there are certainly some out there which have big claims but which haven't met Australian Standards for being compostable and genuinely 100% biodegradable.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply