Does ebay "mod" anyone?

Because I would be happy to do a little of their work for them  - I would be happy to suspend the account of the seller relating to item 303028539371 for example, not that I spend all day every day looking for hijacked accounts but I could save them some time when I stumble accross them - even if it went to the top of a review pile instead of being left up for who knows how long. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Does ebay "mod" anyone?

How do you know it is a hijacked account?

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Because they have nine listings all with "more than 10 available" at buyout prices of for instnace in the case of the "Sony Playstation PS4 Pro 1TB Console Australian Stock Delivered 4K Gaming" $54 instead of ten times that. All of their listings are the same as that.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Just use the report item on the right of the listing above the item number. I tried but got a message "We are not able to process your message now.Please contact eBay Customer Service." 

The prices are so low that people must know it is a scam but hope to use the ebay guarantee but I find it hard to imagine they would think it is real.

If payment is held for 21 days as the account is old but no recent sales so how would they expect to get the funds out.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Yeah its hard to believe people think its legit, but even so most of the listings indicate around ten people have purchased each item... I hope they paid by paypal and are super aware of the followup phishing emails..

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I must be a horrible person as I think all those buyers are complete idiots and no different to the complete idiots on facebook who fall for the fake pages re win a holiday/new car/ QANTAS is giving away 50,000 free $5,000 flight vouchers etc

Hopefully Tazz, one of the original Hijack Hunters, will come along at some point and see this thread.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Maybe if you are willing to buy the item they figure you are ripe for a few follow up emails. So maybe the sale is not the main aim here. Plus the location rings alarm bells and would think it was something they would change.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

All listings have been removed as has the ones from the Aussie account that was hijacked,(both dormant

accounts and no activity for over a year),good.gif

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

Maybe if you are willing to buy the item they figure you are ripe for a few follow up emails. So maybe the sale is not the main aim here. Plus the location rings alarm bells and would think it was something they would change.

Unfortunately the ones that "purchased" these are prime targets for all the scams and some will be conned

into paying for a non existant item,(whether it's this item or another).

Their info will also be sold on to other scammers and spammers.

When I started working in a shop a guy had been coming in and paying $500 a month to a scammer in Britain

because he was paying for a car that was valued at a hundred thousand plus that he bought for $10.000 on

ebay.

Pointed him to the discussion boards and my guides and he realized he's paid over $2000 to that scammer

via Western Union and that he would receive nothing back,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Your info would be the bit that would concern me. 

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply