EBay Money Back Guarantee not reliable?

Hi,

I bought a model car on 5 June and paid through PayPal in the same day.. The next day the seller marked the model as shipped so I asked for the tracking number. He said he'll give it later that day. I didn't receive it and for the next couple of days made lame/"unbelievable" excuses that convinced me that he wasn't planning on selling the car model..This prompted me to ask for a refund for item not received. He issued a PayPal echeck which later didn't go through.. I contacted Ebay on 19 June and told me that I'll receive the refund in 1-2 days..I didn't receive the refund and I contacted Ebay again 24 June and I received the same promise of refund..At this time, I'm still waiting for the refund..To be honest I'm losing confidence on EBay Money Back guarantee..Any Advice? Do I need to ask PayPal to intervene? Or wait for EBay? Thanks in advance..
Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: EBay Money Back Guarantee not reliable?

It may have something to do with the 10% GST introduced 1st July.

The system might be trying to refund you 10% more.

Give eBay another call if you haven't seen anything. Then call them every day until you get satisfaction and ask to speak to a supervisor.

Not good, you have been waiting a while.

image host
Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: EBay Money Back Guarantee not reliable?

I don't think EBay can help me with the refund. EBay Customer Service has no clue and gave me empty promises of refund...30 Day Money Back Guarantee is a joke..I'll start PayPal dispute/claim right away..
Message 12 of 12
Latest reply