EBay international shipping

Anyone used the EBay International shipping at all, and/or your experience with it. 
🙏🏻

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I bought two items in the last few months that were supposed to be shipped by USPS (First Class) and were then shipped by eBay international service. In the first case the seller was even confused and when the tracking said delivered (in the USA, you know, delivered to the next carrier, as eBay international shipping is like Pitney Bowes, using multiple carriers, just cheaper) she even asked me if I got my item.

The final carrier in my area is Aramex, which is a drawback for me, even if those two items were not excessively delayed and even arrived quicker than some Aramex deliveries within Australia or even the same state (NSW for me).

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Well - that's a stretch. lol

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

Answering as a buyer. No problems with the seller. Great communication and I’m happy with my purchase. However I would never again buy from a seller who uses Ebay international shipping due to high postage costs and poor service, sending an expensive antique item in just a plastic bag with very little protection. The seller packaged the two items in a sturdy box together, but the eBay shipping hub separated them into the two packages, one in a flimsy box and the other in a plastic bag. Not the sellers fault.

Message 23 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

From which country, by which carrier/service and which method?

Having read some of the threads here on the forum, I most certainly would not recommend it for something like a harp

Spoiler
And that's the truth
Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

From USA, USPS-carrier, it’s a pet item. I’m just a bit dubious about it actually getting to Australia.

*It’s not a food item

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

I bought two items in the last few months that were supposed to be shipped by USPS (First Class) and were then shipped by eBay international service. In the first case the seller was even confused and when the tracking said delivered (in the USA, you know, delivered to the next carrier, as eBay international shipping is like Pitney Bowes, using multiple carriers, just cheaper) she even asked me if I got my item.

The final carrier in my area is Aramex, which is a drawback for me, even if those two items were not excessively delayed and even arrived quicker than some Aramex deliveries within Australia or even the same state (NSW for me).

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

From which country, by which carrier/service and which method?

Having read some of the threads here on the forum, I most certainly would not recommend it for something like a harp

Spoiler
And that's the truth

Harps eventually arrive. Apparently.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

The item was shipped yesterday but it’s showing as delivery date 30th January, which doesn’t make sense, another item I had ordered previously through USPS didn’t arrive and I was told they were unable to send it through.

This current order I have could possibly suffer same fate.

I’ll just wait n’ see for now.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

I can’t chime in, as my most recent overseas purchases haven’t been through eBay.

So… I’ll be an interested onlooker here.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:

The item was shipped yesterday but it’s showing as delivery date 30th January, which doesn’t make sense.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's strange. My items had a normal ETA from the USA.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

There has been no further update on my parcel since 2nd Feb, all it says is parcel dispatched (which I’m hoping is on its way to Australia) tracking on Australia Post website doesn’t recognise the tracking number yet! There is also note on the US tracking which says”Delays for Mail to Australia on West coast USA.”

The ETA for it is 10th March which is over another 4 weeks, that is an estimate only.

Hopefully it will update tracking in the next few days, we’ll at least by this Wednesday.

👍

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply