Ebay quick to close cases to get the cases "off their plate". What a great company (Ha Ha) !!!!!

ggkkay
Community Member

I bought an item. It didn't arrive. Ebay were very quick to close the case and allow no appeal, nothing at all.

I will buy a lot less with their shoddy "service" from now on. I do not recommend anyone use this company because of this.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ebay quick to close cases to get the cases "off their plate". What a great company (Ha Ha) !!!!!

You call it a shoddy service but you give no detail,  they obviously gave a reason for closing it.

I guess it's easier to just say they are shoddy then explain yourself,  my guess is you did the wrong thing,

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Very unusual indeed. eBay are ALL about the buyer

Did you open the correct dispute?

Did you follow through within the time limit?

Did you communicate with the seller prior to opening the dispute?

Why did you not leave the seller neg feedback?

I do not recommend anyone buy anything if the above things were not done

Was the seller able to provide tracking proving delivery to the address you provided?

Why did they not allow you to appeal?

I do not recommend anyone buy anything if the above things were not done or if they do not know how to go about doing the above

Given you have been a member over 20 years, you surely know the basics

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

You call it a shoddy service but you give no detail,  they obviously gave a reason for closing it.

I guess it's easier to just say they are shoddy then explain yourself,  my guess is you did the wrong thing,

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

What a load of ..........!!    You have 30 days to appeal a case decision made by ebay, but you must provide new evidence at the time of opening an appeal.

You say item didn't arrive, for ebay to close the case in the sellers favour, I presume tracking shows the item was delivered??

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

@ggkkay wrote:

I bought an item. It didn't arrive. Ebay were very quick to close the case and allow no appeal, nothing at all.

I will buy a lot less with their shoddy "service" from now on. I do not recommend anyone use this company because of this.

That isn't usually the case with ebay.

I can only think of a couple of reasons it might happen.

Firstly, did you open your claim within 30 days of the expected delivery of your item?

If an item is late & goes over the ETA, it might be fine to wait a few extra days, but you can't wait too long.

If you let things go over the 30 days, ebay will probably claim you are outside the claim period and that could cause them to immediately reject your claim.

The second thing I can think of is the seller had tracking that showed the item was delivered. If that is the case, then is it possible your item was taken after delivery? That can happen if you live eg in units or on a busy street where passers by might see the package on the doorstep.

If that has happened, then it isn't the fault of the seller, they have fulfilled their part-sent the item with tracking and there has been a delivery. Sometimes there are photos that will show the delivery location, maybe follow up to double check it was delivered to the correct address, if possible.

There is a 3rd thing that can happen if you open an ebay claim & that is it can time out if you don't escalate but it doesn't sound as if that is what happened in your case as you say they were quick to close the claim and allow no appeal.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Do ebay pay you? 

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Allowed no appeal. Also extremely time consuming to even work out where an appeal might be launched - I never found any link, a great tactic. Item not delivered - according to the tracking. 

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

You guessed wrong. I gave no detail because I don't want to waste my time, just quickly warn anyone who wants to listen. They gave a wrong reason, then closed the case and left me no way to appeal, very frustrating. They are probably all about minimum staff and stifling dissent...

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

No, obviously  you object to factual responses  based on eBay policy and would rather members tell you how unfair it all is

At least such a 'remark' answers all the questions asked, loud and clear in fact

Did eBay pay you to comment here ?

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Yes it was outside the 30 days. I was only trying to work out some kind of compromise with the seller but ebay cut me off - with a wrong explanation - and gave me no opportunity to say anything at all. I was used to waiting long periods last year. Proof of non-delivery is available but never seen by ebay, I don't think this company is about the buyer - it seems to be about profit with as small an amount of staff as possible. Appealed previously and got a refund but it was extremely time consuming to navigate to the right place and appeal. It seemed to be deliberately unclear about where to go, in order to reduce appeals. This time they just deleted me in a second - with absolutely no way for me to say a thing. If you think that's fine - just wait until something similar comes your way... Great customer service ebay - one day your sympathizers will, hopefully learn something like this from you...

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply