Ebay raised my offer?

I currently have 4 offers in on  ebay items.   The odd thing is,  I just checked  them and they are all 5% over what I entered i.e.  $6.00 is showing as $6.30, $8.00 as $8.40 etc.  It's not  a huge problem, but why is it happening?  

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay raised my offer?

Not seen or heard of that before, so can only guess - but are the items located overseas by any chance? I'm wondering if eBay are trying to factor GST into the offer somehow (though I know that's 10%, not 5%). eg If a seller's item is $10 AUD but it's located in the US, it'd actually be $11 AUD to buy (and will usually display at the GST-inclusive price). If you offer $9 and it's accepted, it'd be $9.90 to buy, unless offers take GST into account at the time the offer is made? - there could be something weird going on with the calculations, maybe.

Otherwise, I don't really have any clue. 😳

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Not seen or heard of that before, so can only guess - but are the items located overseas by any chance? I'm wondering if eBay are trying to factor GST into the offer somehow (though I know that's 10%, not 5%). eg If a seller's item is $10 AUD but it's located in the US, it'd actually be $11 AUD to buy (and will usually display at the GST-inclusive price). If you offer $9 and it's accepted, it'd be $9.90 to buy, unless offers take GST into account at the time the offer is made? - there could be something weird going on with the calculations, maybe.

Otherwise, I don't really have any clue. 😳

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

All items are in Australia.  Thank you for taking time to reply to my query.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

have you ever used a USA mailing address for an item?  Some people get items sent to friends to save on shipping, avoid the GSP and other reasons.  Some states in USA have state taxes.  eBay have recently started collecting state taxes.