Ebay refuses to remove contact details on a sellers listing, after a year of constant reporting.

I would like to know why ebay refuses to remove a sellers listings, with hundreds of ads with all his contact details on every listing. 

Business Trading Name / Contact Number / Address

Have lost count over the year how many times have reported this seller - 

How is this fair to sellers that do the right thing? 

Why do we pay fee's that don't allow for a even playing field for other sellers that don' breach your so called policies - 

When is this going to be resolved.

Another year?

I am going to keep posting here until, I see action take place.

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Ebay refuses to remove contact details on a sellers listing, after a year of constant reporting.

Google the address.  It's in an industrial area, so a legit store.

And you don't know when and if he's 'pulled up' - ebay don't divulge that info

Message 21 of 37
Latest reply

Re: Ebay refuses to remove contact details on a sellers listing, after a year of constant reporting.

Alot of sellers have retail outets or stores, but they are not allowed to advertise on their listings address or contact number on their listings. They can indeed use their store name as their ebay handle if availabe.

If we all put our contact details on our listings ebay goes broke, because 1 / you don't pay fees on a sale if the customer contacts you direct to make a purchase. The customer knows damn well they are going to get a better deal or discount, due to the fact you don't pay any ebay levies.

Why is we can put links to our websites, same as above...

Message 22 of 37
Latest reply

If an item sells. ebay gets their fvf's, regardless if it's through the B & M or not.

A lot of people have come here complaining about that very thing.  Ebay has taken it's cut, because they assume it's sold 'off ebay'

Did you rea the link to the policies?

He is not a competitor of yours, so are you just snarky that he can put his details up, but you seemingly can't?

Starting to sound personal, and think you should move on.

Message 23 of 37
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

If an item sells. ebay gets their fvf's, regardless if it's through the B & M or not.

A lot of people have come here complaining about that very thing.  Ebay has taken it's cut, because they assume it's sold 'off ebay'

Did you rea the link to the policies?

He is not a competitor of yours, so are you just snarky that he can put his details up, but you seemingly can't?

Thats what I was thinking stawks,  Op might want to be carefull, or ebay may indeed take action.

Message 24 of 37
Latest reply

-Do ebay get their monies if it does not sell through ebay its self - NOPE

-Yes I'm one of those people. Your statement makes no sense.

Did you rea the link to the policies? /

- DID YOU / perhaps you should, obvoiusly you have not.

- We do have another store, which is indeed a direct competitor / And their are rules in place to make the playing field even. So If I am doing for only myself, you are sadly mistaken. I did say even playing field in my intial prompt.

-I am taking your snide remark personally, perhaps you should move on to where your input may have some worth.

Message 25 of 37
Latest reply

Pfffft

You're welcome

Message 26 of 37
Latest reply

Seems coming to these forums to get trolled was a mistake. Bring up an issue and get told to move on!!!!

People are so eager to always assume - before asking the correct questions.

Thanks to the informative constructive member posts on the matter I raised, both for myself & the ones that came before me & will come after me.

Do any moderators exist on this ebay forum, would love to get their input or contact them directly.

Message 27 of 37
Latest reply

As Stawks has said,  ebay do enforce the collection of their fees, if a sale is completed off site, and they can do so even if the sale is never completed.

The fact you have now disclosed you are in direct competition to the member you are accusing of policy violations, opens a giant can of worms for you.

Again as stawks pointed out to you, exemptions to the contact details policy do exist and it would appear do apply.

If you want to contact the mods, go right ahead, just click the dropdown menu at top right of each post and scroll down

Message 28 of 37
Latest reply

I give a correct, informative reply that includes a link to ebay's policy on the OP's 'problem' and I'm a troll????

Spoiler
imastawka_0-1662436863033.gif

Message 29 of 37
Latest reply

i'm not sure if Im speaking english or double dutch.

As Stawks has said,  ebay do enforce the collection of their fees, if a sale is completed off site, and they can do so even if the sale is never completed.

- Please explain how ebay collects a sale, if I contact a seller direct via telephone number from the ebay store and buy directly from them. How does ebay collect a fee for a sale???? Please don't mention the monthly fee. I believe ebay would disgree with you on this one. Thats why the report function is in play.

The fact you have now disclosed you are in direct competition to the member you are accusing of policy violations, opens a giant can of worms for you.

- please explain your answer here, whether someone sells in direct competion or not - is not what this is about. You my friend have made it about that in your assumptions again. This is not the first or last seller I have reported - even sellers whom take advantage of opportunistic, shady sales via ebay, be a personal account ot business account. Whats your point? If you pay your monthly store fees & fee's on your sales - you expect the selling platform to be AGAIN an even playing field.  If this is to hard to swallow refrain from your comments. 

Again as stawks pointed out to you, exemptions to the contact details policy do exist and it would appear do apply.

- Again you are making assumptions, I actually have the proof of breach in writing and logged.  Its just the system seems to broken on occasion things don't get acted on - this is one case.  Thus the post in this forum - Thought some real answers would come about - 

If you want to contact the mods, go right ahead, just click the dropdown menu at top right of each post and scroll down .

-Noted 

Message 30 of 37
Latest reply