Ebay support is non-existent

Seriously the support here is a joke. 

Simple misunderstanding with a seller - item not paid.

NO WAY to pay from the notice

NO WAY to contact support 

What a load of **bleep**.

Contacted seller, purchased the item again at sellers suggestion. Seller happy - All good.

Now I have an unpaid transaction on my account. 

STILL NO WAY to contact supprt to sort. 

Don't really care but annoyed now that NONE OF the LINKS WORK to resolve.

Complete rubbish.

Buy your stuff by all means but don't expect the "support" system to be any use.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Go to the link below, scroll to the bottom and use the "chat with us" option. It always works for me without a problem.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/paying-items/paying-items?id=4009

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Live chat works perfectly fine, even old mugs like me can use it.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Contacted seller, purchased the item again at sellers suggestion. Seller happy - All good.

Now I have an unpaid transaction on my account.

Simply ask the seller to cancel that sale "At buyers request"

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Yep it's an absolute Fecking disgrace....all out of Pakistine as well.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Hi, the below content is a C&P from another thread I posted on. If you try this you may get some satisfaction.

Cheers

Re: ebay customer support phone number
@4channel wrote:

@tickford-t3 wrote:

well ive used both numbers (as we Purchase overseas and Australia) in the Past and yes you can talk to them with issues, but with Covid you may not be able to speak to anyone say it may have to be Live Chat.....

Hi tickford-13, I mentioned on this thread earlier on that a friend of mine got a phone call from eBay via "Live Chat". How it worked for him as I understand, he chatted with them and then ticked a box for a phone call. He obviously have his contact details and in about 20 mins, he received a phone call from a nice helpful chap. He said he had an Australian accent as well.

So I think going via the "Live Chat" is the only way. That brings up the opportunity to get the call, I'm sorry that I've forgotten what else my friend said. Was there a link given to click on via the live chat process that brought  him to where he could tick the box and give his phone number and  other details? Possibly that's how it worked.

BTW: I'll save those numbers you gave as they'll hopefully be in use again in the near future.

Cheers

https://ir.ebaystatic.com/rs/v/fxxj3ttftm5ltcqnto1o4baovyl.png

Customer Service

Home > Help > Choose a topic

Chat with us

What can we help you with today? Please select one.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/start_chat?initFrom=HOME

At the moment on the bottom of the page this is what folkaa will see as it's "out of hours".

Need more help?

Chat with usWe're available from 8am to 8pm AET Monday to
Friday, and 9am to 7pm AET Saturday and
Sunday.

If someone chats between the hours they should be able to instigate a phone call to a nominated number. As I said, it took about 20 mins for the call to come. That was in addition to the chat time.  It may be quicker or longer.

Cheers

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

impossible to catch Covid over the phone so no need for online chat, unless you are a deaf person 

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

They are scared they will catch corona through the phone line lol 

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@seagallwrote:

They are scared they will catch corona through the phone line lol 

____________________________________________________

Well, other companies now have call centres up and running. any have for quite some time.  Others have call centre staff working from home.  Some time back I had to ring an organization I do business with. The lady was talking to me with a baby crying in the background.  From memory she was in the Philippines.

I hear what you say segalll.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@4chan, there may well be good reasons for not having eBay call centre staff working from home.

The main reason I can think of is ‘account security’.  There have been times when I have called eBay and the call centre staffer has been able to access my account.

eBay call centres probably have computer systems with high levels of computer network security, even in the Phillipines.  Having staff from call centres working from home on an unsecure network could compromise eBay’s customers by providing a back-door into their systems.

As for seagall’s posts saying that call centre staff are scared of catching corona over the phone . . . the closure of call centres probably has more to do with shut downs to control the spread of COVID-19.

Think about it, would any of us want to work with possibly hundreds of others in cramped working conditions?

Would any of us expect people in other (poorer) countries where call centres may be located to work during COVID times in conditions we wouldn’t work in due to COVID-19 risk?

You hear what seagall says, I do too!  They don’t consider deaf people to be normal and they use other stereotypical language when posting.

Spoiler
for someone who has been critical of others for not using your correct ID spelling you seem to have stuffed up seagall’s ID by referring to them as segalll

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply