FAKE Queen Elizabeth II Barbie

Has anyone seen the FAKE Queen Elizabeth II Mattel Barbies for sale, (atrocious) being sold from China. The ebay market is flooded with these fake dolls and there are many of sellers using the Mattel box with Mattel branding to sell the item.

The Queen would have never approved these dolls they look terrible and not to mention the tattoo eyebrow l👀k, which is horrific.

People are being misled due to false advertising and will be entitled to a full refund under Ebay buyer protection policy 

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: FAKE Queen Elizabeth II Barbie

LOL - I thought the other looked more Helen Miren.

That's Camilla on a bad hair day.

Message 11 of 35
Latest reply

assi455
Community Member

I got scammed and bought one from China it is not like the one they had pictured it looks horrible I messaged the saler and told them I was going to report them to Mattel I am very dissipointed because the saler was advertising a picture of the real Queen Elizabeth doll I am so mad thank God I only paid a little over twenty nine dollars for it and I told them it was a fake and they told me to send a picture of it so I did I have not heard anything back 

Message 12 of 35
Latest reply

If it was not like the one pictured, why did'nt you open an item not as described dispute? the saler (sic) would have had no choice than to refund you

Useless communicating with a dodgy seller in China

You open a dispute and you get your money back

I assume it works the same in the USA as it does here?

You also leave feedback to warn others

Don't allow yourself to be 'scammed'

Don't buy from dodgy sellers

Open the appropriate dispute

Leave the appropriate feedback

YOU have all the power

Message 13 of 35
Latest reply

So sorry to hear that, however sounds like that you were one of the lucky ones, (to some degree) if you only paid 29 dollars, there were so many ebay buyers that paid hundreds of dollars from sellers, selling fake Queen Elizabeth II dolls and then shutting up shop. But this is still an awful buying experience for you.

l also reported this issue to Mattel and Ebay so many times , advising false advertising with sellers using the word Mattel and Barbie, even displaying Mattel phone number on the box. l did get a Thank You reply from Mattel, however l don’t know what action was taken from their end. Ebay sellers are using the Mattel and Barbie branding in their selling description, including pictures, which l was very annoyed that ebay allowed this to go on. 

These fake dolls are just horrible, and they should not even be allowed to call these dolls Queen Elizabeth. 

Message 14 of 35
Latest reply

Yes, definitely entitled to your money back under the Ebay Money Back Guarantee, as item you purchased and received is not as described.

These dolls were sold by dodgy sellers from China and India, with dodgy accounts. 

Unfortunately with these dodgy sellers they take your money and shut up shop, and re open another account using a different name, therefore no one really sees the feedback.

Beware of scammers

Message 15 of 35
Latest reply

@jcam3532 wrote:

l did get a Thank You reply from Mattel, however l don’t know what action was taken from their end.

Probably no action, those Chinese (and Indian) operators aren't called "Teflon Sellers" for no reason.

Simply put, they can operate with near impunity from within their country.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 16 of 35
Latest reply

There are now cheap Queen Elizabeth II dolls in Australia too - I wonder if the sellers thought to buy the real thing from China and didn't like the doll when it arrived, so they are selling it? These cheap dolls are mostly the ones with the "Camilla haircut" (Camilla just after coming out of bed, I would add).

Message 17 of 35
Latest reply

These fake dolls look absolutely horrid, with nightmare tattooed eyebrows, and l can’t believe they get away with calling them Queen Elizabeth II! 

Lol agree definitely Camilla lookalike haircut, bed head 

There are many sellers advertising that they are selling from Australia, however the sellers are actually located in China, Shri lanka and India 

There are still at least a dozen sellers, still selling fake dolls, with their listing showing the back of the Mattel box, with Mattel phone number and Mattel email address. 

Ebay should be removing these listings immediately, as this is not a Mattel product and clearly false and misleading advertising.

Message 18 of 35
Latest reply

@jcam3532 wrote:

These fake dolls look absolutely horrid, with nightmare tattooed eyebrows, and l can’t believe they get away with calling them Queen Elizabeth II! 

Lol agree definitely Camilla lookalike haircut, bed head 

There are many sellers advertising that they are selling from Australia, however the sellers are actually located in China, Shri lanka and India 

There are still at least a dozen sellers, still selling fake dolls, with their listing showing the back of the Mattel box, with Mattel phone number and Mattel email address. 

Ebay should be removing these listings immediately, as this is not a Mattel product and clearly false and misleading advertising.

Check the seller's feedback page and see where they are registered. You can see it under the feedback score. If it says China, Hong Kong, India or wherever, you can be assured that 9 times out of 10, the items will be coming from their home country. 

If a seller shows the postage location as something generic, like Sydney or Darwin, look further into their feedback, because they are more than likely shipping from overseas.

For the love of god, please open a dispute immediately, or time will run out and you won't get your money back.

Message 19 of 35
Latest reply

I may of only paid a little over twenty dollars for it I wish I still could get my money back because they were advertising a picture of what the real doll looked like and I thought I was getting a real Queen Elizabeth barbie doll at a good price all the ads for these fake dolls of the queen need to be taken down buyers beware do not fall for these ads from China advertising the Queen Elizabeth barbie doll because you will get a fake doll it's not real and I hope I can get my money back 

Message 20 of 35
Latest reply