FAKE Queen Elizabeth II Barbie

Has anyone seen the FAKE Queen Elizabeth II Mattel Barbies for sale, (atrocious) being sold from China. The ebay market is flooded with these fake dolls and there are many of sellers using the Mattel box with Mattel branding to sell the item.

The Queen would have never approved these dolls they look terrible and not to mention the tattoo eyebrow l👀k, which is horrific.

People are being misled due to false advertising and will be entitled to a full refund under Ebay buyer protection policy 

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: FAKE Queen Elizabeth II Barbie

Open a return request.

Click onto the option of Not As Described. (Don’t click onto “fake”; it’s harder to provide evidence.)

Insist on full refund. Do not close the dispute. Act immediately. There is only a 30-day window to open a return/refund request under eBay’s Money Back Guarantee (that is, 30 days from delivery date).

Everyone in this thread has been telling you to open the dispute. 

Message 21 of 35
Latest reply

You CAN and you have been advised how to do it, so do it

It also showed the seller was registered in China before you bought it, so no surprise at all that is exactly where it cam from

eBay are not going to take down the ads

Buyers need to stop buying from these sellers, keeping them in business and then not taking any responsibility at all for their own choice to buy

ALL the information is clearly available before buying, people who choose not to check who they are buying from are'nt 'falling' for anything, they simply do not care enough to look first

Message 22 of 35
Latest reply

@assi455 wrote:

I may of only paid a little over twenty dollars for it I wish I still could get my money back because they were advertising a picture of what the real doll looked like and I thought I was getting a real Queen Elizabeth barbie doll at a good price all the ads for these fake dolls of the queen need to be taken down buyers beware do not fall for these ads from China advertising the Queen Elizabeth barbie doll because you will get a fake doll it's not real and I hope I can get my money back 

Why didn't just over 20 bucks scream rubbish to you??

Message 23 of 35
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

Why didn't just over 20 bucks scream rubbish to you??

Some people are still under the impression that if it is coming from China, it must be dirt cheap.

That wasn't my experience at all, even when in China itself 4 years ago.

Even there, if it is dirt cheap, it is a fake. The Chinese themselves warned us about it.

Assi455, it is unlikely you're going to be able to change how ebay operates or get the ads removed but you CAN do what everyone else has said and open an ebay claim for not as described and get your money back. Worth doing. Follow the steps that people such as countess have advised you to do. Plus you don't pay for return postage etc or close the case, no matter what the seller says. Just do it.

Message 24 of 35
Latest reply

The boxes are a dead giveaway.  The original boxes had on the left front, a graphic of “SIGNATURE BARBIE”. 

The fakes are missing that graphic.

On the back of the original box it has “Mattel” and under the Platinum Jubilee moniker, there’s a gray box with the statement : NO MORE THAN 20,000 PIECES WORLDWIDE, and HCB96 IDC: MKK 462.

On the fakes, the gray box is grayed out, no printing at all.

Also, when viewing through the front of the box, her throne with ER is shown over her right shoulder.  

The fakes don’t show that pic of her throne.  

Fakes come from China, so if the doll is coming from China, be suspect. 

Be suspect of any seller who posts NO RETURNS. 

Never buy one where the box is not completely shown! 

I report these when ever I see them online - you can too.

Just remember that people have been selling counterfeit items on here since the beginning of eBay.  

It’s usually Buyer Beware for auctions, but for Direct sales, one would thing the seller would stand behind their products.  Fake sellers Don’t. 

Message 25 of 35
Latest reply

Notice the box doesn’t say MATTEL. on back, nor the gray box with the statement that only 20,000 dolls were made worldwide. 

Message 26 of 35
Latest reply

The OP posted here over 12 mths ago.  It is a bit late for her now to know those details.

Message 27 of 35
Latest reply

Would be excellent info for others

But

Far too many buyers don't bother to read descriptions or look at photos to know

Scammers who are going to sell fakes would fake their way around those things in the listing anyway

The 'no returns' only applies to change of mind

So the listing would have to actually disclose they are fake for the 'no returns' to mean anything

The dodgy seller does'nt get a say otherwise 

Might be different in The US where than here in Oz though 

Message 28 of 35
Latest reply

Yes I know it was last year.  But these fakes are still being listed and sold on eBay. And some buyers are researching these listings.  I did, that’s how I found this post.  Anyway, I’m hoping buyers will google QE Barbie fakes and they come to this post.

I keep reporting these listings too.  

Why eBay hasn’t taken down their listings I just don’t understand. 

Message 29 of 35
Latest reply

I just found one at the op shop and was excited, I knew it was fake because I bought an original when they came out. Paid $9 anyway, because why not have it to compare haha. Anyway, I won't be selling either, but I'm happy to share photos of the fake.

Message 30 of 35
Latest reply