Faulty Shoes

I purchased a pair of Salomon shoes on 20th February for hockey. The first round of hockey was April 6, I purchased them early to have them in time. The stitching on the shoes broke I think May 11 when I was putting them on. I messaged the seller on May 14, sent pictures and requested a replacement as they are faulty.

They replied they cant refund or exchange as its been more than 30days since I received them and offered to send another pair if I paid them at a slightly reduced price. 

Is this right? The product was faulty and broke after being worn 6 times. They have since broken even more and cant be worn so I have to throw them away. Am I entitled to a replacement?

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Faulty Shoes

@tonic3757 wrote:

I know they were fake, I didnt fall for anything, I know how much real ones are.

I have purchased these shoes for $40 previously and they lasted three seasons of hockey so I had no issue buying another pair. I have gone back to the first pair I purchased, the laces are fraying but they are ok for now till I buy another pair.

I bought through paypal so will try a dispute with them, thanks!

Umm!!!  Are the laces from the new fakes, interchangeable  with the old fakes.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Faulty Shoes

eBay's Money Back Guarantee is not a warranty; eBay explicitly say so.

PayPal Buyer Protection is also not a warranty; PayPal explicitly say so.

If something that you purchased is damaged on arrival, you have protection. But warranty is another issue. You only have an enforceable warranty by purchasing from a genuine seller (and for ease of enforcing that warranty, your best bet will be if the seller is an Australian business).

Spoiler

SOAPBOX

I'm really not sure what to say given that you have posted that you knowingly purchased fakes. I am sure that you know the implications of that. When you said "I purchased a pair of Salomon shoes", you know that you didn't. You bought generic knock-offs made in a Chinese factory with no regard for quality materials or workmanship.

Why would you do that? If you're just looking for cheap sports shoes, I'm sure you could find some that aren't knock-offs from Australian stores, and they'd last for as least as long as the fake shoes.

If it's the brand name that you want, I don't think any buyer has the right to give the impression of wearing a certain brand of clothing or shoes while knowing that the item is fake; the workmanship is not going to be of the same standard as the actual brand, which damages the brand in the eyes of anyone who sees you wearing those shoes but isn't informed that they're Chinese eBay fakes. The shoes won't last as well, and won't fit as well, as the originals. The company itself have legal rights against you as the purchaser if you knowingly buy fake goods.

As the Australian Border Force page states, ❝Importing and selling counterfeit goods is illegal and can result in prosecution.❞ This applies to importing for personal use as well as importing for the purpose of re-selling.

Normally I am as mild-mannered as Clark Kent. I've been criticised before (and no doubt will be again) for being self-righteous or prissy about the issue of knowingly purchasing brand name counterfeits. I'm not posting an attack upon you, but rather upon the practice of supporting the knock-off and counterfeiting industry. You're clearly playing hockey at a level of competence that should make you proud and happy; I don't think your competence will be affected by the type of shoes you wear (unless you're at that extreme level where the slightest edge can make the difference in play). Have you bought the genuine Salomon shoes in the past? Can you say from your experience (if you have) what sort of differences there are in quality and fit and how long they last? Would less expensive brands not do?

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply