FedEx tracking

I have a few orders coming from a seller in USA. The items are being sent with FedEx. The tracking numbers provided have 2 letters, then 9 digits, then 2 letters, apparently FedEx's tracking numbers have 12 digits only, The tracking has not updated since seller shipped 4 weeks ago, is it worth asking seller for the usual tracking/consignment number? ๐Ÿ™„ Thank you.
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FedEx tracking

@michellebartley wrote:
I have a few orders coming from a seller in USA. The items are being sent with FedEx. The tracking numbers provided have 2 letters, then 9 digits, then 2 letters, apparently FedEx's tracking numbers have 12 digits only, The tracking has not updated since seller shipped 4 weeks ago, is it worth asking seller for the usual tracking/consignment number? ๐Ÿ™„ Thank you.

I have found this info: 

What do FedEx tracking numbers look like?
The most common tracking number format is 20 digits (e.g. 9999 9999 9999 9999 9999), or a combination of 13 alphabetic and numeric characters, usually starting with 2 alphabets, following by 9 digits, and ending by "US" (e.g. EA 999 999 999 US). Some other less common formats may also exist, such as 10 digits. 

Like Australia Post, they also say on their website that there might be delays due to COVID-19.

I received something from the UK after 5 (almost 6) weeks, and it usually takes just 7-10 days. It had no tracking, so I had almost given it up,

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

FedEx tracking

It's worth asking, but before you do I've previously come across several "consolidated tracking" websites where you enter the tracking number and it checks across all(?) major carriers and reports which one it's coming on and its status.

Can't help you with the websites, but a bit of searching should find them.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

FedEx tracking

@tazzieterror wrote:

Can't help you with the websites, but a bit of searching should find them.

tazzie, this one I use :-

https://www.17track.net/en

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

FedEx tracking

@michellebartley wrote:

The tracking numbers provided have 2 letters, then 9 digits, then 2 letters, apparently FedEx's tracking numbers have 12 digits only, 

Not necessarily michelle :-

https://www.quora.com/What-do-Fedex-tracking-numbers-look-like

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

FedEx tracking

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Did the seller use FedEx or did the seller send through the GSP.

They both come with FedEx but have vastly different tracking numbers.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

FedEx tracking

@lyndal1838.
The seller used Fedex. The item is forwarded onto local postal service for delivery overseas. That's what I was told by Fedex as I Facebooked them about some info re: parcel tracking.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

FedEx tracking

FedEx in the USA is not necessarily the international courier.

If it has been delivered to the local postal service for delivery overseas that probably means they have given it to the USPS.

Try the tracking number in USPS.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

FedEx tracking

@michellebartley wrote:

I have found this info: 

What do FedEx tracking numbers look like?
The most common tracking number format is 20 digits (e.g. 9999 9999 9999 9999 9999), or a combination of 13 alphabetic and numeric characters, usually starting with 2 alphabets, following by 9 digits, and ending by "US" (e.g. EA 999 999 999 US). Some other less common formats may also exist, such as 10 digits. 

Like Australia Post, they also say on their website that there might be delays due to COVID-19.

I received something from the UK after 5 (almost 6) weeks, and it usually takes just 7-10 days. It had no tracking, so I had almost given it up,
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

FedEx tracking

@lyndal1838
I tried but no luck.The tracking I have from the seller has not got the "Parcel in Transit" highlighted which would mean its on its way, the only highlighted info is the "tracking number" I know a lot of parcels are delayed at this time but this is a tad worrying.
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply