Fire Extinguisher.. DELIVERED TO WRONG ADDRESS, AND STATE.

My Ebay Account shows the tracking of this item. It was DELIVERED TO SOMEONE ELSE... NOT ME... TO THE WRONG PERSON, WRONG ADDRESS AND WRONG STATE. I WANT MY money back... I will NOT DO BUSINESS with this company... They have done nothing about it. 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

What exactly do you want other members to do about it?

Have you taken it up with the actual courier ?

Did the seller address it incorrectly in the first place? 

Which 'company' exactly?

Easy enough to prove to eBay it was not delivered to the address you provided 

Yelling at other members is not going to achieve anything 

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

You'll get your money back, but not here, as we are just a member-to-member forum, not eBay staff.

Have you contacted the seller and the courier?

Occasionally sellers make mistakes like giving a buyer someone else's tracking number. This happened to me once, and it was not a scam, as I did get my item - with another tracking number. So it is always a good idea to ask.

If they don't help, open a case, including the tracking of course. Ebay has your address so they will see that you didn't get your item.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Because you yell at us,  on the blocked list you go.  Be nice

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

arctoph_49
Community Member

I don't know what you mean when you say "they have done nothing about it". If you use the right tools, they will help, but I would definitely contact the seller first if you still have time to open a dispute and it is not the last day. Maybe it was just a mistake. With scams, items are usually delivered near the intended recipient, not in a different state, as scammers know buyers would get their money back.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I'm not exactly sure what she means by 'They have done nothing about it' either but it sounds as if she may already have contacted the seller and got no joy. Maybe no reply or else a reply along the lines of the item had been delivered.

That would be enough to make a customer hopping mad, although for someone with over 800 transactions, I would have hoped Kath knew about the money back guarantee or at least would go about looking up the help pages for instructions.

It is perfectly possible for a seller to make a mistake. We did, as sellers, many moons ago, and sent two different parcels to one person. We were extremely lucky in that the woman contacted us to tell us so we were able to sort it out.

But you'd hope that any seller, when alerted to a problem, would respond.

Kath, if you do come back here (and I am not confident she will), open an ebay claim. You don't have to do anything else. You don't have to let the seller know you are opening a claim, you don't have to try to follow up the delivery of the item. Nothing. If the item is not delivered to your place by the date cited in the ad, you can open a claim for an item not received and you would win, as the seller won't be able to show tracking to your address.

All that rests though on the assumption that your present address is definitely the one registered with ebay.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

That would be enough to make a customer hopping mad, although for someone with over 800 transactions, I would have hoped Kath knew about the money back guarantee or at least would go about looking up the help pages for instructions.

It is perfectly possible for a seller to make a mistake. We did, as sellers, many moons ago, and sent two different parcels to one person. We were extremely lucky in that the woman contacted us to tell us so we were able to sort it out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking exactly the same, springy. If she never had a problem with so many transactions she is very lucky.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

"They" and "company" are both open to interpretation, as they can both mean the seller or eBay, but if the OP doesn't come back we will never know what she meant.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply