GST on all imports July 2018

Yes kicks in  this July  already talking an extra added  $5 security fee !

Message 1 of 346
Latest reply
345 REPLIES 345

If you're buying it on ebay it won't matter whether it's a gift or not - it's being bought from overseas and therefore gst will be charged on it.
Message 91 of 346
Latest reply

Mandymadeit, your credit card (an Australian credit card) would be a giveaway.

Your geolocation would be a giveaway.

The risk you would be taking - just to avoid GST - is really not worth it, nor would it be fair for you to expect a third party to act deceptively in aiding you to avoid GST.

It's a pain, but remember that all of us are in the same boat.; we'll all be paying GST on our international purchases.

(It's one thing to avoid being geo-blocked while still having every intention of dutifully paying the GST; it's another to plan tax fraud. Truly... not worth it.) gaol-girl-crying.gif

Message 92 of 346
Latest reply

Forwarding services will apply the GST on the package value and include it in their charges. There is already a provision in the new rules specifically to prevent people using these kinds of services to try and avoid the tax.
Message 93 of 346
Latest reply

I hope and pray somebody challenges the government with this scam and gets it scrapped ASAP. It's a disgrace.
You can't buy F-all in this country as it is. No wonder we're the a*se end of the world....
Message 94 of 346
Latest reply

@c_mount wrote:
I hope and pray somebody challenges the government with this scam and gets it scrapped ASAP. It's a disgrace.
You can't buy F-all in this country as it is. No wonder we're the a*se end of the world....

I hope you are ready for lots of praying.

Maybe you should buy some of these:

Screenshot_20180626-230153.jpg

Here's an idea . . . . . why don't you challenge the government?

Message 95 of 346
Latest reply

@c_mount wrote:

You want someone to challenge the government on the GST?

You are a bit late....it has been in force for 18 years now and nobody has challenged it yet.

Most of us have accepted it and just get on with life.

Message 96 of 346
Latest reply

Income tax was lowered when they brought in the GST. Anyone want to go back to the old system, especially the $6K threshold?

You're obviously not praying to the same God I do, not when you use that sort of language. It sounds like you're praying to the god of mammon.
Message 97 of 346
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
Income tax was lowered when they brought in the GST. Anyone want to go back to the old system, especially the $6K threshold?

You're obviously not praying to the same God I do, not when you use that sort of language. It sounds like you're praying to the god of mammon.

Nothing wrong with C_Mount letting off a bit of steam brerrabbit585. As for the god C_Mount prays to, if a believer I'd say with confdence its the god of the Christians, Jews and Moslems. C_Mount appears to be a bit of a libertarian which is a pretty cool thing to be. Sadly dispised by those on the far left and far right. Also dispised by those who don't like others speaking their minds on certain things.

Message 98 of 346
Latest reply

You must be a libertarian too. Presumably you don't use any government services.

I find it hard to take people who think correct spelling is optional seriously. I'd say dEspise, but that's a bit strong.

Message 99 of 346
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Also dispised by those who don't like others speaking their minds on certain things.

The thing is, for your average person, criticism of an opinion doesn't = hate for the person who holds that opinion. 

Message 100 of 346
Latest reply