GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

lurgilip
Community Member

Just wondering if anyone has purchased one of these generators as they are flooding ebay at a very reasonable price. 

There seems to be no independent reviews on them despite my attempts to find one through google searching.

If you have one would you recommend buying one. No point in answering this question if you have one and have started it once and used it for a very short period of time.

I want to hear from someone who has flogged it!

Thanks too lyndal1838 & colkym for your answers & directing me to this forum.

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

i Have a 4.4 KVA gentrax, the power was swithed off a few weeks ago, so i plugged my generator in and let it do its work, it worked fine for about 3 hrs then suddenly reved up abd turned off, for no apparent reason! so i tried it in my shed on a smaller loading and it worked fine there, dont know if i over loaded it or something on the house network, because i run 3 x fridges and lights and other stuff like Satellite Decoders and 2 x TVs,  so im thinking the Rating might be higher than it should be ??  (4.4kva)   maybe its lower like 2.3 kva.

Message 31 of 35
Latest reply

This is an old thread, but you are probably correct, these Chinese generators would be rated at double of what they really are.

Message 32 of 35
Latest reply

Thanks for all the input guys, it's May 2016 and I found this thread very useful! If anyone else has any experiences with Gentrax I'd love to hear it (good or bad)
Thanks
Message 33 of 35
Latest reply

I'd love if you need to drag up an old thread that you would actually post something useful. other than the 'fact' that you found the thread useful.

Message 34 of 35
Latest reply

They probably found one in the last FOUR YEARS. If they didn't they probably don't really need one.

Message 35 of 35
Latest reply