GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

lurgilip
Community Member

Just wondering if anyone has purchased one of these generators as they are flooding ebay at a very reasonable price. 

There seems to be no independent reviews on them despite my attempts to find one through google searching.

If you have one would you recommend buying one. No point in answering this question if you have one and have started it once and used it for a very short period of time.

I want to hear from someone who has flogged it!

Thanks too lyndal1838 & colkym for your answers & directing me to this forum.

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

Won't be long until another birthday celebration the way this threads going!

Message 21 of 35
Latest reply

GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

Your review helped me Garry, was hit too by cyclone Marcia and been tempted to buy a gentrax for running tools and back up for the next cyclone.  think it will be worth paying big bucks for a honda or similar.  Thanks, Kerry. (Rockhampton)

Message 22 of 35
Latest reply

GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

Hi, my name is Matt i live in Leanyer i read your review i think the 2,2 kva is only rated at 1200 watt at normal running it is very missleading putting high watts but can not del.   was looking at the 2.5 kva as it puts out 1700 watt normal but as this guy has said you can not find any reviews i dont need one for a couple of years until we **bleep** off from this town (retire) i think i will do my homework on cheeper generators.  But overall does it work ok or is it a **bleep** appliance.

cheers Matt

Message 23 of 35
Latest reply

GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

Hi Matt, the person who directed your reply to hasn't been on the forums since Feb 2014, so it's unlikely they will see your message to be able to reply. Are there any reviews on the Product Review website for these, that might be able to help you with what you want to know?

Message 24 of 35
Latest reply

GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

I bought a 3.5kw model. failed on 2nd time used. Outbax are impossible to deal with and will not communicate.  Do not waste your time with this **bleep**.

Message 25 of 35
Latest reply

GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

I am afraid your warning is too late.

It is more than 2 years since the question was asked and the OP has not been back since.

I am sure he would have worked it out by now.

Message 26 of 35
Latest reply

GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

Thanks to all you guys talking about the gentrax I was thinking of getting one but not now. I'll go for a brand name like Honda or Yamaha I'll pay a little more But I'll be a lot happier knowing it won't break down on me ... And thanks again all you guys For your info. Oh names vic. Bye now
Message 27 of 35
Latest reply

GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

I dont think its ever too late, mabye the initial poster has moved on, that the information is valuable to anyone looking for reviews on these generators.

I thank everyone for their replies.

Message 28 of 35
Latest reply

GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

Except that a lot of things can, and usually do, change over the years.

Topical information is always more relevant than dated information. Unless you can't find the many product review sites out there in the cybersphere.

Message 29 of 35
Latest reply

GenTrax 7.5Kva Generator

As Dave is suggesting, far better to start a new thread.

Then we all don't need to read from the beginning to only realize it's an old thread.

There are no limits on the number of threads here in community. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 30 of 35
Latest reply