Global Shipping Program status says delivered in Erlanger, KY?

yoshpi
Community Member

Recently I bought an item from a seller in the US, paid for the item to be delivered to Australia via the Global Shipping Program. I was given a tracking number, which showed the progress of the delivery. However the progress changed from In Transit to Delivered in Erlanger, KY. I understand that with the GSP the seller posts the item to Pitney Bowes Inc. in Erlanger and they re-package it and send it to Australia. However, is it odd that the status says delivered? Will the tracking get updated with the new international tracking number and change back to in transit again? I've never used this service before and I'm a bit apprehensive. I've contacted the seller but they're as much clueless as me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 128
Latest reply
127 REPLIES 127

Re: Global Shipping Program status says delivered in Erlanger, KY?

This is my first GSP item in several months. It was delivered by AP; under the old FEDKEB number system I would have been able to see that online, too (passed to local carrier for delivery). The old system had more useful information once one knew how to get it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 31 of 128
Latest reply

What's the bet that eBay had a hand in its removal? As it stands they've already virtually isolated the GSP from user claims against them. It's not a bad rort when you think about it... buy yourself a shipping and logistics company then go out of your way to insulate it from all liability and claims against it so they end up carrying no liability at all. Only in the good ol' US of A, the land of free enterprise. And they have the nerve to complain about the Chinese... 😞
Message 32 of 128
Latest reply

They steal the items at Erlanger, KY this has happend to me twice now and have seen other posts from buyers about items going missing when they reach Erlanger, KY. 

Message 33 of 128
Latest reply

Depending on what the item is, Pitney Bowes makes an arbitrary decision as to whether they will ship it.

For example, PB will not ship any sort of knife to Australia, even a table knife.  They have deemed all knives to be prohibited imports when that is definitely not the case.

For the most part they never bother to tell the customer until they start to ask questions.  

What item of yours has been "lost' by Pitney Bowes?

Message 34 of 128
Latest reply

worst delivery postage company ever formed. Glitch is an understatement ..

Message 35 of 128
Latest reply

To be fair, Pitney Bowes was a well established and well respected transport and logistics company long before it was affiliated with ebay.  It is not a newly formed company by any means.

Message 36 of 128
Latest reply

It is a newly formed affiliate with ebay to make more money.I have had 2 CDs re-packaged into plain brown lunch bags for delivery halfway across the world .Each one was badly damaged and not playable.Took 3 months for a Paypal refund..The sellers were furious and vowed not to use them again.Just today I inquired of a seller to post USPS if I won the auction.He was too lazy to go to the PO and fill out a form.Pitney Bowes postage was $31.00 for 1 single CD.I bought the same CD thru Amazon with $9.75 postage.The way it works,we pay thru the nose for postage and Pitney Bowes re-package it at a much cheaper rate and pocket the $20.00 difference.I will NEVER buy from a seller who uses GSP.It looks like a scam and should be shut down.

Message 37 of 128
Latest reply

It is not a newly formed affiliate of ebay....the GSP has been in use for several years now and it does not improve with time.

Yes, it is expensive, yes it is slow and yes they repackage things inappropriately.  And yes, PB does pay FedEx for Economy shipping when they call it a Priority service.

All you seem to have forgotten is that Pitney Bowes makes up their own rules about which items can be imported into Australia.  They have a blanket ban on all knives for example.

The sellers like it because it protects them from bad feedback for shipping problems....ebay removes it....and they have full tracking and insurance.

You cannot blame sellers for using it....it is easy and offers full seller protection.

Message 38 of 128
Latest reply

this thread was started in 2013, the last time it was used was auguast 2015. now you drag it out and complain about the GSP that i'm thinking pretty much everyone knows is a ripoff. everyone has the right not to buy from sellers using the GSP as much as sellers have the right to use GSP. my view is sellers using the GSP are losing customers but thats their business. plenty of sellers that don't use the GSP out there. i choose those sellers.

Message 39 of 128
Latest reply

Does anyone know how to contact GSP to change an address for delivery?
Message 40 of 128
Latest reply