Global shipping program

This is a Rort. It needs to be investigated. Blatant greed
Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Global shipping program

I like many other members have been steering away from sellers with the GSP.

And some sellers don't even know they have been opted into the program so you can ask if they will send via their normal postal service.

image host
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Global shipping program

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is a bit late to be demanding an inestigation into the GSP....it has been in use for years now and is unlikely to be stopped any time soon.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Global shipping program

It's easy really if no one used it it would die. But people avoid the work to offer normal post. ( Some do of course).eBay Play on this to gouge
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Global shipping program

@skillycoro wrote:
It's easy really if no one used it it would die. But people avoid the work to offer normal post. ( Some do of course).eBay Play on this to gouge

On the plus side, so many US sellers that sell items I'd like to buy now use it, I now spend much less money on eBay and my savings are looking very healthy.  eBay's measly 5% off vouchers aren't much of an incentive either. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Global shipping program

@skillycoro wrote:
This is a Rort. It needs to be investigated. Blatant greed

Kudos to you skillycoro . You have summed this scam up in 11 words. It's almost like Mafia type extortion.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Global shipping program

@zanadoo_56 wrote:

@skillycoro wrote:

On the plus side, so many US sellers that sell items I'd like to buy now use it, I now spend much less money on eBay and my savings are looking very healthy.  eBay's measly 5% off vouchers aren't much of an incentive either. ๐Ÿ™‚

On the down side, some US sellers that sell items I'd like to buy, I have to avoid becauase of he outrageous cost with GSP. The ones that don't use it any more  and who go back to USPS are getting more and more  customers. I now spend much less money on eBay and my savings would be looking very healthy, but the GST an import duty are like a kick in the guts. 

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Global shipping program

You know, generally speaking we all have choices with eBay. Sadly some sellers, buyers too, make bad choices. Iโ€™m no expert, but just from my examination the GSP would be one of them. eBay Plus, another. Not being derogatory, well at least thatโ€™s not my intention,  just my opinion.

I think itโ€™s wise to stay as autonomous as you can and not become too locked in with with some of these so called โ€˜initiativesโ€™ from eBay,

Whatโ€™s in it for me? Whatโ€™s in it for them, usually provides the right way forward.

Melina.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Global shipping program

I LOOOOVE the GSP! It means I can get rare collectables from the US (and more recently the UK) that I would never normally be able to get. Quite a few sellers I buy from have no idea they are opted into the GSP and I don't plan to tell them any time soon. That is evident by their ads saying "I don't post international". They have no idea they are posting international and I'm getting the items I want. Win win!

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Global shipping program

They may just be saying they don't post internationally to stop people trying to twist their arm into sending with less protection. I can't say I blame them! I'm not sure how they could be opted in to the GSP unless they're already selling overseas.
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply