Global shipping program

This is a Rort. It needs to be investigated. Blatant greed
Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Global shipping program

The whole point of the GSP is that sellers are opted into it if they do not sell overseas.   With the GSP they don't have to as they only send the items within their country and the GSP hub sends it overseas.

It does make a lot of items available to international customers which would otherwise not be sold overseas.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Global shipping program

@lyndal1838 wrote:

The whole point of the GSP is that sellers are opted into it if they do not sell overseas. 

From a thread on ebay.co.uk community forum:

"To be a little more exact, it is the sellers who do not sell internationally but have not specifically excluded it with ebay preferences."

I guess this is when under postage it says "may not post to Australia" if they have not excluded international postage from their preferences? Some still have it, and if you ask them they quite often do post to Australia (without GSP), but they must obviously have opted out of the GSP themselves after they were automatically opted in. And that's the problem, as we all know. Some didn't even know they were opted in, so they did not opt out. When I contact sellers, I still find sellers who don't know they were opted in.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply