Gmail scammer is back - do not buy from such hijacked accounts!

Well, I saw two gmail-scammer hijacked accounts today.  Both only had tiny feedback and hadn't been used in a while.

One was for a piece of expensive jewellery and one was for a generator.

Haven't seen these in ages, so there might be some people here who don't know what "gmail scammer" means:

An image is in the description and the image shows a gmail address and the instruction to not bid but contact directly.

DO NOT BUY OR BID!!  It is a massive scam.

If you come across this kind of listing Report it as a Listing Practices : Fraudulent listing activities : You suspect that the listing is fraudulent

If you are unsure, DO NOT BID and report it and ebay will know what to do. Or you can come here and ask and the clandestine Hijack Hunters should be along to give an opinion (and still don't bid).

Thankfully not everyone is scum or unlucky. There are heaps of great sellers and plenty of them come to these boards! So just be careful and happy buying!

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Gmail scammer is back - do not buy from such hijacked accounts!

Can you provide some 'search' words from the titles so that we clearly see these specific listings?  Remember you can't actually put the item number here.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

This is the jpeg image they use,(so they can avoid the bots).

R scammer..jpg

The easy way to check is to go to the image and left click on it as if you are going to copy and paste it

,(you will not be able to highlight the words but grab it instead and then  "drag" it).

It works here the same as it does in the listing.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Thankfully I can't show you a live listing because they are both removed now which is great.

Power to the people!

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Hi I'm not sure if this is the right discussion.

I can't seem to contact eBay about this so I thought I'd mention it here first.

Here are a couple of listings j thought to be fraudulent. They were sold. I have been trying to pick these up before they stepsons but prices are too good.

The problem is that they are on the "sold" advanced search and therefore un knowledgeable buyers think that the pricing should be that of the fraudulent sales rather than the real selling prices.

Eg
291647486613 Listed as sold. I sent fraud reports to eBay about this listing. Now it's listed as sold and on the "sold" advance search. I believe eBay need to remove it.

The ones I missed to report but are listed as sold
And another dated 22/10/15

These are the same items
They are from low or no feedback sellers
If there is feedback its from buyers with high feedback probably because of the price it doesn't matter if it's $1 etc

I believe eBay needs to remove these "sold" listings. Like I said these people are bad for authentic sellers.

I try and monitor the categories I list in to get in to eBay. The first item here I sent a message to other sellers who also reported it. However the quick speed of eBay was just not available and 12 hours later the item was still listed then sold!! We know it's fraud EBay, protect us more.

Anyway, this needs to be look at more and as I said I believe these specific "sold" items need to be removed for authentic sellers
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Oops, forgive some of the language. That's predictive text
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@allfun_n_games wrote:
Hi I'm not sure if this is the right discussion.

I can't seem to contact eBay about this so I thought I'd mention it here first.

Here are a couple of listings j thought to be fraudulent. They were sold. I have been trying to pick these up before they stepsons but prices are too good.
I believe eBay needs to remove these "sold" listings. Like I said these people are bad for authentic sellers.

I try and monitor the categories I list in to get in to eBay. The first item here I sent a message to other sellers who also reported it. However the quick speed of eBay was just not available and 12 hours later the item was still listed then sold!! We know it's fraud EBay, protect us more.

Anyway, this needs to be look at more and as I said I believe these specific "sold" items need to be removed for authentic sellers

These are not hijacked accounts,(just low feedback Australian sellers).

They have no experience in selling so they sold them for a lower price then what they are worth.

Each listing offers pick-up or/and a correct postage cost,(something a scammer would never do as they would simply

state free postage).

That's why eBay haven't removed them,good.gif

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply, I understand where you're coming from, yes they are not hacked.

But I do believe these are certainly fraudulent selling activities for each of these.

I am certain time will tell when these are reported to eBay as items not received.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I imagine the buyer got the 22 October one. How will YOU know if any are INR.

Seems your concern is due to being undercut.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply