HOW MANY OTHER EBAY USERS OUT THERE ARE FEEDUP WITH THESE UNWANTED ADVERTISING POPUPS

I KNOW OF OTHERS IN THE EBAY COMMUNITY THAT ARE FEEDUP WITH THESE NUISANCE POPUP ADVERTISMENTS.

ITS AN INVASION OF PRIVACY.

ITS NOT IN THE ORIGINAL SPIRIT OF WHAT EBAY WAS ORIGINALLY ABOUT, I.E SHOPPING IN PRIVACY WITHOUT HARRASSMENT.

EBAY WILL LOSE PEOPLE LIKE MY SELF IF THEY DONT AT LEAST OFFER AN OPT OUT OPTION FOR THOSE THAT HAVE BRAIN AND DONT NEED THESE IDIOTIC LITTLE MESSAGES.

THEY BLOCK VISION OF ITEMS YOU ARE LOOKING AT .

THEY ARE A DISTRACTION AND IMPEDEMENT WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO SEND EMAILS OR RELIST ITEMS.

IM ABOUT TO FORGET ALL ABOUT THE WHOLE EBAY SCENE IF THINGS DONT CHANGE FOR THE BETTER.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: HOW MANY OTHER EBAY USERS OUT THERE ARE FEEDUP WITH THESE UNWANTED ADVERTISING POPUPS

eBay does not have pop up ads, they are introduced by adware on your PC.

Use a pop up blocker, or pop up blocking settings on your browser.

Run a full virus scan to detect any nasties and uninstall anything suspicious.

Malwarebytes is good for this too, it is a free removal tool.

If you just mean the small "number of watchers" pop up, that is an eBay thing, and tends to disappear if you do not scroll straight away.

But eBay does not do pop ups when you use eBay messages etc., that will be something else you have inadvertently installed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Re: HOW MANY OTHER EBAY USERS OUT THERE ARE FEEDUP WITH THESE UNWANTED ADVERTISING POPUPS

How can you have been a member for so long without knowing something as basic that ebay does not use pop ups or, come to think of it, that using capitals on the boards is seen as shouting so rather rude as well as being hard to read.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

It's not an eBay thing, but an internet-wide thing - generally termed "Netiquette".

"Common rules for e-mail[3] and Usenet such as avoiding flamewars and spam are constant across most mediums and communities. Another rule is to avoid typing in all caps or grossly enlarging script for emphasis, which is considered to be the equivalent of shouting or yelling."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etiquette_(technology)

Many people are unaware of such things, of course, so it's obvious the intention for using all caps is not always meant to infer yelling or associated tones (eg outrage), just as many people are unaware of the zoom function on browsers. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply