Has anybody bought from this seller before?

Having a heap of trouble getting a refund out of them.  If anyone has any advice please let me know

Message 1 of 61
Latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Re: Has anybody bought from this seller before?

@katrin_chrish

It is against board policy to publish ANY members' details. Especially their address. Expect your post to be removed.

If you got a phone that was not as described, eBay have processes you can follow to ensure you're not out of pocket. Certainly more productive than posting unsupported allegations, that will not be visible for long. And dragging up an old thread to do so.

Message 51 of 61
Latest reply

well, I for one am glad this thread got bumped. I looked back at the posts from Dec.

Boy, I must have been on cranky pills back then. Now I am on more calming drugs, and not so cranky.

I should apologise.

Spoiler
I wasn't the only cranky one though
Message 52 of 61
Latest reply

Guys, definitely dont deal with this seller. Im having the same issue, they are not and will not return my poatage cost. They sent out an entirely different item, tried to get me to accept it at a discounted rate. I refused obviously, paid to return post with no reimbursement. Now they are not answering emails.
Message 53 of 61
Latest reply

Good grief.....why would you even consider buying from a Seller in Hong Kong with a 93.9% feedback score?

I would run a mile before even thinking about it.....and then I would decide against it.

Message 54 of 61
Latest reply

1. I'd love to know how you know your seller is the same as the OP's?

2. Given the amount of bad feedback you have left for sellers (a real eye opener), maybe eBay isn't the place for you. Or are you trying to get items for free by getting a refund? Your first 2 feedbacks left for others were revised, meaning, even your first 2 purchases were bad. Maybe you should have given up then.

3. Sellers who frequent the forums love it when bad buyers out themselves here. Buyers like yourself. It means we can all add you to our blocked buyers lists, so you'll never be able to buy from anyone here.

Message 55 of 61
Latest reply

@shukka73,

Are you making poor buying decisions, perhaps?

I don't recall just how many times I have said "Don't buy [certain items] from Chinese eBay sellers", and I know I'm whistling into the wind. The reason why so many people have disappointing purchases (either at the time of receiving the item, or later, after the item has failed / not lasted / shown disproportionate signs of wear and tear / etc) is because they are being "penny wise and pound foolish".

Buying cheaply with some idea of fabulous bargains being available through cutting out the middle man, buying direct from source (source = China), or simply with the mindset of online buying, in particular eBay buying, being all about making an absolute killing... is just not realistic. Not anymore. Once upon a time, there were some truly amazing bargains on eBay, but by and large these were in the days of the hobby seller / mums and dads sellers.

Spoiler

eBay has changed dramatically. It's now primarily about new items, homogenised sales. The sort of items you'll find on eBay are being driven more and more into being available from quite a few different sellers. If one doesn't have it in stock, another will. Conversely, you'll find far fewer unique items. Those sellers have long since been driven away by eBay's changing policies, punitive actions, and wooing/welcoming of big brands who almost certainly have their own websites but are being offered intensive promotions, discounts and opportunities by eBay.

QUIZ

1. Do you believe that half-price designer items are readily available on eBay? (e.g., Chanel, Bvlgari, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Hèrmes, Yves Saint Laurent, Dior, Armani, etc.)
  2. Do you believe that gold jewellery is available for purchase on eBay at a fraction of the price you would pay from a reputable jeweller?
  3. Do you believe that you can buy a rope of AAA golden south sea pearls - let's say 45 cm in length - for $500?
  4. Do you believe that a leather bag from China is as good quality as a leather bag from a known leatherwork company?
  5. Do you believe that new "name brand" electrical / electronic items can be purchased on eBay at a significant saving as opposed to buying direct from the shop / manufacturer? (Using Apple as an example...)

The answers are below (1-4).

Spoiler
  1. Spoiler
    If you answered yes, it's possible you have been tricked into buying a fake item. Designer luxury goods are one of the most lucrative categories for fraudulent items. Bottles, boxes, labels, all sorts of fakes are churned out to present the packaging, but the actual product is, of course, the worst fake. Duplicated fake perfumes are often made with an overtone very similar to the original item, but all that makes that fragrance unique and wonderful is absent - its complex notes, its ability to last, its avoidance of certain irritants and other potentially harmful ingredients. Duplicated makeup - similar deal. Duplicated designer items (handbags, suitcases, clothing, sunglasses, etc.) are made cheaply with an eye to drawing in customers who don't know enough about the genuine product to realise that they'd been conned.

BOTTOM LINE:
    Spoiler
    Many designer brands - although of excellent quality - are not worth the high price tag. It may be better to look for good quality without the designer name; genuine quality lasts much longer than cheap fakes, and when it comes to makeup, expert makeup artist Lisa Eldridge has shown convincingly that one doesn't need to buy high-end makeup to achieve excellent results, just as one example.

WORSE THAN A BOTTOM LINE - I'M CALLING THIS THE WOBBLY BOTTOM LINE:
    Spoiler
    Don't buy designer items from Chinese eBay sellers. Just... don't. In fact, if you really must buy designer items, the simple fact is that even stores have been fooled in the past; remember the M.A.C. Cosmetics scandal when Target was found to be selling fakes? Always check with the manufacturer/company/distributor to see who is listed as a genuine reseller.

SOBERING FACT TO PONDER WHILE AVOIDING THE BOTTOM WOBBLE:
    Spoiler
    Designer brands protect their desirability. The fact that the prices are outrageous is a marketing strategy; not everyone can afford those labels, hence there's a degree of elusiveness to the brand. These brands tend not to cut their own throat by having "offcuts" or "factory seconds" or "you can get them a lot more cheaply by buying from the factory where they're made" strategies. The very thing that makes these items so longingly desired is exactly what makes these items impossible to obtain without paying the hefty price tag.
  2. Spoiler
    If you answered yes, I weep as Rachel wept over her children. There are certainly places where gold and silver items can be purchased more cheaply than at other places, but we should be realistic about just how much can be saved on a genuine item (as opposed to buying fake gold). There are more experienced eBayers on these boards who know most of the tricks and the ways in which some sellers try to fool potential buyers.

3. Spoiler
    If you answered yes to this question, I will throw a cream pie in your face and shout "Be vewwy quiet, I'm hunting raddishes."

4. Spoiler
    If you answered yes, I have to be patient. It took me months to persuade my father that the "genuine leather" bag he bought while in Vietnam for a few weeks was made rather from an artificial leather... but I did it in the end. I wasn't menacing in the slightest, although this should not be taken to mean that I will not be menacing in other circumstances. I once threw a slipper at a television; I'm dangerous.

5. (This reply gets its own box.)

Spoiler

If the Apple falls far from the tree, it's highly likely to be non-genuine. eBay abounds with fakes. It is unfortunately up to the buyer to exercise due diligence. Before you become convinced that you've found an amazing bargain, look online on google.com.au for the item at which you're looking. Find the cheapest price by an authorised Australian seller. (Check that they are authorised by looking at the manufacturer's or Australian distributor's website, and you can even phone the distributor to check.) Now, with that "cheapest price" in mind, look again at the price you found on eBay. If there's something of a disparity, you really ought to consider whether the one on eBay is simply a fake or perhaps a refurbished item.

BOTTOM LINE: Don't ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER buy electronic / electrical items from Chinese eBay sellers. Buy Australian, genuine warranty, genuine product, made to specifications with materials fit for purpose rather than cheapest inferior components which might even cause fire/explosion/other catastrophe resulting in injury, destruction of property, or even death.

Message 56 of 61
Latest reply

@shukka73 wrote:
Guys, definitely dont deal with this seller. Im having the same issue, they are not and will not return my poatage cost. They sent out an entirely different item, tried to get me to accept it at a discounted rate. I refused obviously, paid to return post with no reimbursement. Now they are not answering emails.

----------------
You might mean well but the reality is these sorts of posts never go well because posters here are not allowed to name individual sellers. If they do, the information gets deleted.
And just how many people do you think frequent these forums anyway? Just a few & the odds they will be buying exactly the same  thing from exactly the same person are not great.

If you want to get your message out to a lot of buyers, then you need to do it in your feedback. Write a detailed & factual feedback.

If you find you personally are having a lot of disappointing experiences when you buy things, maybe have a good look at the seller feedback next time before you commit to buy. If you try to buy more from Australian sellers, things might improve. There are a lot of good Chinese sellers out there but it's best to check any seller's feedback before buying.

Message 57 of 61
Latest reply

I wish I had seen this thread before buying from these guys as I am now in the same boat as many are here.  Returned a set of Beats headphones under warranty and they agreed to replace them but they have now gone dark and still have my originals.  Have lodged a complaint with eBay as well as the ACCC as this is theft.  

Message 58 of 61
Latest reply

thanks for posting on this . . . gave me a chance to revisit some of my old posts.

Spoiler
I was on angry pills . . . but I am better now offer some treatment
Message 59 of 61
Latest reply

@kiwirich wrote:

I wish I had seen this thread before buying from these guys as I am now in the same boat as many are here.  Returned a set of Beats headphones under warranty and they agreed to replace them but they have now gone dark and still have my originals.  Have lodged a complaint with eBay as well as the ACCC as this is theft.  

I would hazard a guess that the seller is in China/Hong Kong/Malaysia or some other overseas country.

It is a complete waste of time involving the ACCC as they have no jurisdiction over any overseas sellers.

I hope you have full tracking on the package showing that it has been returned to the seller or your dispute will fail.                                                                                                                         

Message 60 of 61
Latest reply