Hello, I recieved scrap pieces of metal in a box instead of the tool i ordered.

I received a package today which should have been a quick change tool post set, what I received is 2.2kgs of scrap metal from a seller with 99 percent rating.  I have lodged for a return. what else can i do. 

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You must open Not As Described case, and choose the option that indicates you’ve received the wrong item.

(Don’t open Item Not Received case. You’ll lose if you do.)

Do not close the case upon a mere promise; wait for the refund.

Don’t accept partial refund offer.

Don’t send back with seller telling you that he can’t pay the postage or that you need to be responsible for it. SELLER is responsible and must provide paid postage label or other postage option. You may also be best off contacting eBay Live Chat again if seller doesn’t oblige but there are instructions to send back the scrap metal, as you don’t want to have the case closed in seller’s favour with seller playing return postage games.

Don’t accept replacement offer.

Do not let seller string you along. If no satisfactory resolution after 4 days, the option to ask eBay to step in should appear, and you have 21 days only to select that before the whole dispute automatically closes with no way to reopen it and without any refund etc.

View solution in original post

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

You should have open an item not as described dispute

99% is poor if it was a high volume seller 

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

Have you opened a dispute through eBay's MBG for "item not as described" ?

If not, do that and cease communicating with the seller by pm's outside the dispute. DO NOT close the dispute until you have your money back.

https://pages.ebay.com.au/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

what is the item number, please?

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

I'd be doing exactly what padi advised-following his link.

But if what you say is accurate, this is beyond just being an item not as described case, it sounds more like a deliberate attempt to scam you.

When you say 'scrap metal', what exactly do you mean though? Do you mean they were tools but very poorly made tools that didn't work properly, or do you literally mean scrap metal as in random bits of broken metal that were not tools but just put in the package to give it weight?

If the latter is the case, then as well as an item not as described claim, I would also contact ebay with photos and report a problem with the listing, that the seller was a scammer. That's a whole new level of problem in my book.

Apart from those things, I can't think of much else you can do. Getting your money back is first priority.

You can of course leave feedback but you'll have to be careful how you word it. You can now attach photos to your feedback. I don't think they are showing online as yet but it is a feature that seems to be coming soon. Be very careful how you word your neg. I recently had cause to leave a neg and gave a factual account of what I received but then added a sentence to say I did not believe the item was brand new as advertised & my feedback was removed. I was pretty incensed to tell the truth. Ebay won't tell you why feedback is removed either. So my advice with feedback is just describe your item as very poor quality or unuseable. Whatever you do, don't mention an ebay claim (not that I did in my feedback either) as that apparently is a no-no.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

Is the item number 134652963923?

The seller is registered in China, and his feedback is really not good.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

The cost to send that amount of scrap metal would be more than that items price.

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

The cost to send that amount of scrap metal would be more than that items price.

not from china, equivalent of maybe 15cents

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

If you can show me an example of that price I would be very surprised unless you are sending a shipping container full and have divided the weight per item cost.

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Companies get highly (read almost free) subsided shipping from there.  Remember we are not talking about you buying a heap of stock from them (in which case pay through the nose),  this is the business's from over there sending direct to consumer.   near zero costs

In a previous life I have seen the details, it's why you and I cant compete.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply