Hello, I recieved scrap pieces of metal in a box instead of the tool i ordered.

I received a package today which should have been a quick change tool post set, what I received is 2.2kgs of scrap metal from a seller with 99 percent rating.  I have lodged for a return. what else can i do. 

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Hello, I recieved scrap pieces of metal in a box instead of the tool i ordered.

@papermoon.lady wrote:

Is the item number 134652963923?

The seller is registered in China, and his feedback is really not good.

Hasn't OP left good f/b for that item?

Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

Re: Hello, I recieved scrap pieces of metal in a box instead of the tool i ordered.

I don't know... The seller left 2 ratings, and the OP only left one. Maybe the OP bought two separately. If the OP comes back, we will know. Otherwise we can only guess.

@twyngwyn wrote:

@papermoon.lady wrote:

Is the item number 134652963923?

The seller is registered in China, and his feedback is really not good.

Hasn't OP left good f/b for that item?

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

Judging from the fb the seller left for others, I think the OP bought the one I indicated above and item number 133930081734, much more expensive and including six pieces.

Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

yes, that item fits the weight of OP's package

Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

I can see why they are annoyed as it is only $25 on aliexpress with $35 for shiping. Quality would be terrible considering a trade quality set would start in the hundreds and go into the thousands.

Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

Hi  eol.

From memory, and in short,  International postage costs are distributed in accordance with the Universal Postage Union.   China is considered a developing country, so Basicly the developed countries subsidize

Chinas  International postage and as such China charges its citizens far less than the actual costs incurred.

Yet again the world has been outplayed by China.

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

Hi Springyzone,   Yes the package contained random bits of old metal,  old bolts and offcuts of steel, some sort of pipe fitting cut up,  just actual rubbish not the tool i ordered.  "Outright deception/fraud"   I have contacted and spoken to Australia Post complaints who said it was a matter for Ebay.   Spoke to Ebay customer service member who advised me of the procedure to follow.    

Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

Hi Papermoon.lady,   Yes I bought two items from the same seller the first was a single tool holder which arrived all ok.  (feedback left for that item)  The second item number ending 734 that is the item I was suppose to receive,  but ended up getting a box of old bolts and cut up metal pieces.  Which would have made up the same weight that the tool should have been.   Outright deception.  Currently following advice from EBay customer service member.  Cheers.

Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

You must open Not As Described case, and choose the option that indicates you’ve received the wrong item.

(Don’t open Item Not Received case. You’ll lose if you do.)

Do not close the case upon a mere promise; wait for the refund.

Don’t accept partial refund offer.

Don’t send back with seller telling you that he can’t pay the postage or that you need to be responsible for it. SELLER is responsible and must provide paid postage label or other postage option. You may also be best off contacting eBay Live Chat again if seller doesn’t oblige but there are instructions to send back the scrap metal, as you don’t want to have the case closed in seller’s favour with seller playing return postage games.

Don’t accept replacement offer.

Do not let seller string you along. If no satisfactory resolution after 4 days, the option to ask eBay to step in should appear, and you have 21 days only to select that before the whole dispute automatically closes with no way to reopen it and without any refund etc.

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

Use the link below to open a dispute.

https://pages.ebay.com.au/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 20 of 22
Latest reply