Homophobic reviews of music by Elton John because he is gay and out

I noticed there are homophobic reviews of Billy Elliot the musical AND there is NO WAY to write a positive review for the CD.  As soon as you try you are asked to leave (and not publish your counter review) or asked to cancel your review.  

I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS GAY RIGHTS TO LOCATE Billy Elliot The Musical - Original Cast Recording CD (Item # 165169725452) and send the two so-called reviewers the following message - WHAT A HOMOPHOBIC PIECE OF **bleep** YOU ARE!

How many other listings have false reviews from homophobes which eBay will not let you disagree with because the review process has been hacked to stop dissenting opinions?

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: Homophobic reviews of music by Elton John because he is gay and out

I immediately wanted to instruct the OP to give a blazingly delighted five-star review of the CD recording of the opera by Shostakovich, called Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk - the one with Vishnevskaya.

Anyone who refuses to do so - well, that's just so operaphobic, not to mention Shostakovichophobic and Mtsenskphobic and definitely Vishnevskayaphobic. So... you're a Ewing footlicker? A Charbonnet-fan? Pffffft in D sharp minor!

Please note: the above is merely light satire in a spirit of gentle fun, with the purpose of a) encouraging a small chuckle, and b) putting into perspective that audiences have varying tastes and preferences, to which they are entitled. I do not absolutely ensist that everyone must love those things which I love, or dislike those things which I dislike, or even have tepid uninterest in those things for which I can raise neither great enthusiasm nor virulent disgust.

sweetkiss.gifphonograph-record(2).gif

Message 31 of 54
Latest reply

So my reading of this thread is that OP wants us to write a review for an item we never purchased, and I have never listened to.

And if we don't  write a review,  we must be homophobes.

And just a side note reading the 2 reviews that were posted here,  there is nothing homophobe about them.

Sounds like the OP may have an issue

Message 32 of 54
Latest reply

As a gay person, who supports gay rights, I am NOT going to write a review for a CD that I have never bought, and have no desire to do so, as it is of absolutely no interest to me. Does that make me homophobic against myself? Apparently it does.

My guess is that you are trying to sell the CD yourself and aren't happy that some people on this earth actually don't like it. Tough. We can't all like the same things. How boring would that be?

Spoiler
Do people still buy CDs? How 90's.
Message 33 of 54
Latest reply

@originalsound wrote:

And that is the insidious homophobia which exists in Australia!

if Australia was insidiously homophobic then there would be no LGBTQI (sorry if I missed anyone) marriage equality in Australia.

Wasn't that long ago that Australia 'voted' overwhelmingly for marriage equality.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Marriage_Law_Postal_Survey

Message 34 of 54
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@originalsound wrote:

And that is the insidious homophobia which exists in Australia!

if Australia was insidiously homophobic then there would be no LGBTQI (sorry if I missed anyone) marriage equality in Australia.

Wasn't that long ago that Australia 'voted' overwhelmingly for marriage equality.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Marriage_Law_Postal_Survey

You forgot the + at the end of it. Apparently there is meant to be a + there. 😄 

Message 35 of 54
Latest reply

Oh good grief!

OP - please go and buy a new copy right now so that you can leave a review.

I always thought you couldn't leave a review unless you purchased anyway, and having bought a CD years ago doesn't exactly count.

You have FAR too much rage towards other members of this forum and nobody is obliged to purchase or review anything just because you say so, so please get a grip as you're leaning towards abuse.

Message 36 of 54
Latest reply

Methinks thou doth protest too much

Message 37 of 54
Latest reply

I don't think Norman Dixon - gives a rats. 😂

Message 38 of 54
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

So my reading of this thread is that OP wants us to write a review for an item we never purchased, and I have never listened to.

And if we don't  write a review,  we must be homophobes.

---------------------

Exactly so, or almost.

It is actually worse than that. Much worse.

He wants us to go into a product review site, not to comment on the item at all but simply to tell other reviewers that they are a piece of bleep.

That is a clear breach of the purpose of a review. Ebay and other sites allow reviews so that people can give their opinion about a product. To write a review that is simply being abusive to other reviewers is an abuse of that privilege.

Originalsound is furious because he believes other reviewers brought in irrelevancies to a review, yet he is asking us to do the same thing. Go figure!

Message 39 of 54
Latest reply

@originalsound wrote:

and you are the WORST kind of homophobe!

Been away awhile, but that was worth popping in for.

Question for the OP

Are you the WORST kind of hetrophobe! ? And if so, how is that any better than being the WORST kind of homophobe! ................Sorry, but I cant spot any difference !

Too much over the top, flamboyant outrage and exaggerated foot stamping for me......I,m outa here again.

Spoiler
And before you accuse me of being a Regi Dwight hating homophobe ..........The very first CD I saved my pocket money for as a kid was Elton John !.........that takes me back.........

Message 40 of 54
Latest reply