How do I close a 'Return Case'

I have returned an item to seller who says he can't post replacement until I close 'Return Case'.

I have no idea what he's talking about as there is no request open for this item. Please help.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I close a 'Return Case'

what does that mean bakeand fry.I can't see the OP has left anyone bad feedback recently.

Anyway don't close the return dispute that is the seller trying to fob you off. Ring ebay and speak to them about the sellers demand to close the case first before they will sent replacement. You only close the case when you have the replacement.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

With your 9 neut's and a neg you have dished out im shure you will work it out....
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

what does that mean bakeand fry.I can't see the OP has left anyone bad feedback recently.

Anyway don't close the return dispute that is the seller trying to fob you off. Ring ebay and speak to them about the sellers demand to close the case first before they will sent replacement. You only close the case when you have the replacement.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Hi Melvash

I'm sorry to hear you are having troubles. Not everyone on the boards thinks feedback left NINE YEARS AGO is relevant to what you are experiencing now.

I do not know how to help you with your current situation but hang tight and the gurus should be along soon.

In the meantime, do not agree to anything or close anything (if you do find it) until the others can give advice.

There might be some more information you could give us to help us more fully understand the situation and be more precise with offers of help. Please excuse me if I seem to be asking simple or basic questions as it is better to err on the side of caution, plus other users read these forums even if they never post and can learn by reading the experiences of others.

Did you open an official dispute? Did you do it through eBay or PayPal? (Or did you agree to return the item just through eBay messages?) What was the reason for negotiating a return?

How did you pay- PayPal, Bank Deposit, Other; was it by Credit Card?

That is all I can think of for now.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Unfortunately it seems that once you open a case for a Return, there is no option within the system for giving you a replacement, Ebay will simply facilitate a refund unless you close the case.

If you leave the return case open, and the seller sends you a replacement, you will eventually end up with a refund and a replacement.

It is an inflexibility in the system that there is no option for a replacement being sent to satisfy the case.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

What on earth are you talking about?

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply