How to prove when buyer claims I sent wrong item?

I sold an expensive leather planner and buying claimed that I sent them a notebook instead! I can I prove this? I have asked for more photos and questions about conditions but they won’t say anything just kept telling to refund. The buyer has zero feedback.

Also do I have to provide international return postage? Thank you.

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: How to prove when buyer claims I sent wrong item?

@twyngwyn wrote:

Report an issue with a buyer | eBay

Whats to report about the buyer,  they didnt get what was advertsised,  they have opened a case.

Either dispute the case or cough up for sending the wrong thing.

PS>  not saying they did send the wrong thing,  but the seller needs to prove it,  not just report the buyer.  For all we know the seller did send the wrong thing and are just trying to seek assistance in scamming the world.  Not really saying that but it is possible

Message 31 of 48
Latest reply

if the buyer is legit, then surely they would send numerous photos & communications, especially when o'seas??

Message 32 of 48
Latest reply

how long have they been a member?

for your reading pleasure....

eBay Money Back Guarantee policy | eBay

Message 33 of 48
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:

how long have they been a member?

for your reading pleasure....

eBay Money Back Guarantee policy | eBay

Doesnt matter how long they have being a member.

The policy no where says they must provide images,  it only gives details if images are provided

Plus the big kicker is,  was it bought through the australian site or another site with no MBG.

Message 34 of 48
Latest reply

Plus the big kicker is,  was it bought through the australian site or another site with no MBG.

Which site/s have NO MBG?

Message 35 of 48
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:

Which site/s have NO MBG?

I may have summarised incorrectly.  the actual policy.

Buyers and sellers are subject to the eBay Money Back Guarantee or other buyer protection policy (if available) of the site where the buyer completed checkout, regardless of the eBay site used to list the item or the registration details of the buyer or seller.

Message 36 of 48
Latest reply

If they bought on another site, then the seller would have to deal with the case on that site, not the Aussie site.

But he's dealing with Australian ebay, from what I gather.

Message 37 of 48
Latest reply

FYI -

If the seller's paying for return postage and you agree that they'll send you funds to cover the cost of the return, make sure you've agreed on the postage service and cost before sending the item back. You can either use a postage calculator on the carrier's website to find out how much a tracked service will cost, or get a quote and send it to them.

The seller should send you a separate payment in advance for the return postage charges, as these aren't included in any eBay Money Back Guarantee refund you'll receive.

Return postage for buyers | eBay

Message 38 of 48
Latest reply

@jspree0415 wrote:

Oh dear! A dispute resolution fees on top! I feel like I want to cry. I’m not selling to make money not even to get what I paid for. Ebay is probably not for me.

Yep  $22 dispute resolution fee, plus ebay keep there fees. 

If you resolve the dispute before  ebay is requested to step in, then there is no resolution fee, and ebays fees

should make up part of the buyers refund.

You still lose the item and the initial postage, but as it stands you will lose that anyway.

Personally I would cut my losses and refund, however if you want to risk it, see below.

You could try to bluff the buyer, by advising that you have lodged an enquiry with both Australia and Finish customs, to verify the contents of the parcel  matched the customs declaration, you could even add the declaration number.

If they are scamming you, it might cause them second thoughts.

Message 39 of 48
Latest reply

IMG_2330.png

 Thank you for mentioning about the weight, here is the photo that buyer sent to me claiming I sent that pink spiral notebook instead of the Gillio 175617586761. The weight on the package said 0.665kg (sorry photo quality here is blurry), today buyer sent return package to me and the weight was only 0.367kg. 🤞

IMG_2418.png

Message 40 of 48
Latest reply